User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2008, 12:54 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

It's all about keeping the left door closed and the wheels rolling, I can go as fast or slow as I want but keep my spped at 62mph, I get passed all day long by 75mph trucks but I always pass them down the road when they pull off into a rest area or truckstop.
Old 12-23-2008, 04:15 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
Not sure what kind of math you're using. I come up with 314 miles from Toledo to Belvedere. In 11 hours, at 60 mph, you can do 660 miles. It suggests you should be able to do a round trip and have about 32 miles left over. What are you doing wrong? Of course, since I do not know your point of origin or your destination, the figures are not exact. But they sure should be in the ball park.

You have to go through Chicago traffic... it always adds time.
Old 12-23-2008, 04:17 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts Fan View Post
I bet if you showed a little cleavage to one of the Swift mechanics he will turn you up, if you know what I mean. :smokin:

:lol2: I save that for the BIG favors
Old 12-23-2008, 04:22 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's View Post
On that toll road yeah fine., but on most U.S. highways it's not a big advantage ...at GTS my 2nd truck was turned down to 72mph ,which is 7mph faster than the 65mph truck I had at Werner ...I did not get much more than 25 miles extra in a day with a 72,mph truck than the 65 mph...And I can most times run 11 easily without stopping ...and if running high traffic areas I really can't say there was any difference since I never got to or above 65mph.

I hear you, BJ.. but I'll take the extra miles. It is like getting a little raise. I cannot drive straight 11 hours and haven't the mind set to do it. I need a break. (not having good aim also dictates)

I travel Canada a bit and cars and trucks all do the same speed. Traffic seems to run a lot smoother there. I get passed by EVERYONE in Canada. Until I get to the bridge of course. Then it is time to listen to everyone's problems. :cry: I think I should be the next "Dr. Ruth"