User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2008, 11:28 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Gotta give props to the Step deck driver. After getting hit he drug his trailer to the shoulder and dropped it driving his truck away. Pretty clear thinking in a situation like that.
Old 11-27-2008, 12:56 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackrabbit379 View Post
Dag gum, man. Is that where they get the term, steering wheel holder? Maybe, he forgot that he needed to turn the steering wheel, and not just hold it, come own!

Lease
Drive
Train

things that make ya go...hmmmm
Steering wheel holding, brake and fuel pedal pusher should all be included.
Old 11-28-2008, 03:08 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdswans View Post
The best part of that story, beside the fact that noone was seriously hurt, is the "Reader Comments". That is some fine humor!
I usually don't read the comments as for some reason the poster there are vicious and disgusting and there no Moderation except for swearing and if someone gets so many troll votes. Really offensive and reminds me of truckstop CB talk.
Old 11-28-2008, 03:26 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scythe08 View Post
I usually don't read the comments as for some reason the poster there are vicious and disgusting and there no Moderation except for swearing and if someone gets so many troll votes. Really offensive and reminds me of truckstop CB talk.

Well those posts would only offend an England driver who likes CR England or England management ...And let us be real that England driver rearended a truck that was in plain sight, And going up hill ,so making fun of he/she can be guaranteed for certain ...Now had their been a fatlity people might hold their tongues ,but there was not ,so it's open season...I mean C'MON the dunce in the sleeper was ejected b/c he was 2 lazy to put up the net .
Old 11-29-2008, 01:59 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's View Post
Well those posts would only offend an England driver who likes CR England or England management ...And let us be real that England driver rearended a truck that was in plain sight, And going up hill ,so making fun of he/she can be guaranteed for certain ...Now had their been a fatlity people might hold their tongues ,but there was not ,so it's open season...I mean C'MON the dunce in the sleeper was ejected b/c he was 2 lazy to put up the net .
Oh I agree, he should have been made fun of and I can't believe that the guy who got thrown through the windshield came out with minor injuries,,,lucky SOB.
Hehe I'm sorry Bud, I wasn't referring to the England Article. That's my local Newsite so I'm on it everyday, I was referring more to the other topics like Local crime and newstories. I just failed at communicating it properly.
Old 11-30-2008, 08:13 PM
Senior Board Member
Location: In my own little world, that rides right behind the cab.

I ended up against the windshield one time
Way back when, about the last time I ran team, I had a big bunk C/O Pete. Co driver pulled in to fuel one night and, thinking I had gone in to use the restroom (that was what he said), desided to jack up the cab to check something on the engine Rolled outa the bunk across the doghouse and ended up laying on the windshield He11 of a way to wake up especialy as at the time I used to sleep in nothing. Had to wait for him to lower the cab to get back in the bunk to get clothes No, I didn't have the net up, come to think of it back then we didn't have them and even seat belt were an optional ad on
Old 11-30-2008, 11:42 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walking Eagle View Post
I ended up against the windshield one time
Way back when, about the last time I ran team, I had a big bunk C/O Pete. Co driver pulled in to fuel one night and, thinking I had gone in to use the restroom (that was what he said), desided to jack up the cab to check something on the engine Rolled outa the bunk across the doghouse and ended up laying on the windshield He11 of a way to wake up especialy as at the time I used to sleep in nothing. Had to wait for him to lower the cab to get back in the bunk to get clothes No, I didn't have the net up, come to think of it back then we didn't have them and even seat belt were an optional ad on

Oh man...It woulda been so fun to have been there and poking fun!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Watched a guy fall through the windshield in the same sort of situation though....He broke his pelvis smacking the ground. Big guy..6'2"..maybe 380 pounds. He almost took the cab with him. He did have clothes on though. That was at the J in Bringham City UT...circa 1981.
Old 11-30-2008, 11:47 PM
Senior Board Member
Location: In my own little world, that rides right behind the cab.

Yeah, bet you would Orange Mine was kinda gentle, think I woke up as I rolled across the doghouse. Was real p1ssed at the co driver even though
Old 12-04-2008, 12:19 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy View Post
Oh man...It woulda been so fun to have been there and poking fun!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Watched a guy fall through the windshield in the same sort of situation though....He broke his pelvis smacking the ground. Big guy..6'2"..maybe 380 pounds. He almost took the cab with him. He did have clothes on though. That was at the J in Bringham City UT...circa 1981.
See, i would think a cabover would preclude someone that big from even getting in there in the first place.
Old 12-04-2008, 06:48 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreddo View Post
See, i would think a cabover would preclude someone that big from even getting in there in the first place.
There used to be far more cab-overs out on the road than there were conventionals. Big guys drove back then too. It was just that they were more muscular then than they are now.
Some of those COE's had air pumps integrated with the hand pump, for jacking the cab up, and the good ones would sling a cab right on up quick. International COE's tended to be front heavy and when they hit the breakover point, you had to be careful to not go to far. Been there....done that.