User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2008, 09:36 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Driving record is perfect but a misdemeanor from 1995

Hey....I know how strict the trucking companies are about checking into your license and background. My husband's background is great. He in fact had to get security clearance to work on a Homeland Security area.

However, when we lived in Georgia for a couple years job related, he went to get a Georgia license instead of his valid Florida license and they said they couldn't give it to him until he paid off a court fine from 1995 in NH which was not on a traffic/driving related charge.

His license in Florida is valid. Are they going to not hire him because of this? Do we absolutely have to pay off these old court costs? I'd really rather not, but will if it mean he won't have a problem.

Also, as I told you when I first posted on the board, he was let go because of the economy slow down from Ecolab back on Feb 29th. My Mom ended up in the hospital the day he got canned and we went up to RI to be with her and my Dad.

Long story, but my Mom went to the hospital on 2/29 and found out she had advanced cancer on her lung. She had been to the Doctor's all year long and had in fact had two x-rays from the same lab and nobody saw this tumor. Yeah well that's a story for another time, but anyway, she died March 27th and we stayed up there to put my Dad's world back together somewhat. He didn't know how to cook or balance a checkbook or even write a check or anything.

They had been married for 59 years, so yeah, it threw him and me. :-( So my question is, we've been up there helping my Dad and my husband did some work to fix his porch and other things that were wrong on the house. Is this time lapse of employment from March 1st to now going to be an issue? I know you guys said they don't like to see lapses in Employment. There hasn't been any lapses in employment before this. He's always worked. His background and license are perfect other than the NH thing.

If you could answer those two questions, I'd be very grateful!

Thanks,
Debbie
Old 09-29-2008, 10:00 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

The big one is the unpaid ticket. Yes, it needs to be paid because technically, his license from other states are suspended due to that one. Doesn't always show up that way, but if you get pulled over and an MVR check is run by the officer, it'll show up and now you're driving with a suspended license.

As far as the unemployment goes, that's workable with a notarized letter covering the time off and the reason for it.