LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2008, 09:57 AM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by millersod215
i typically start my day around 1:30 am, and i'm doing good if I'm off by 4:30 that afternoon, Florida has a 16 hour local law, and for the most part i'm tapping that 16 hour clock on a daily basis.
WOW miller! Just when I think that I want to cop an attitude, I run across a post such as yours. 16 hours???? Hopefully your post gives others something to think about also! Shoooooooo

Old 09-29-2008, 09:20 PM
Board Icon

Hawk,

Drew, TAC and MBI run with me all day long around Fredericksburg. The are always hiring drivers if that tells you anything while their fleet hasn't gone much.

That $80 a load Drew pays, you might get 2 loads a day in, your running from DC/Baltimore down to New Kent County just up from I-64 and your not the only truck running, there's about 60-70 of you and TAC and MBI running the same route. You do $160 a day for 5 days, that's $50 more than what I make working hourly at 40 hours a week.

Haven't seen a Thompson truck. While they might have nice rides, do they pay their drivers the same? Some places will give you a nice ride but junk pay. Never hurts to check'em out and see.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:24 AM
Board Regular

Hazardous waste drivers do alright . . .

8)

-p.
Old 09-30-2008, 03:55 AM
Senior Board Member

It is a call back but I will throw it out there. Why would you want to haul ping pong balls?
Old 10-01-2008, 06:28 PM
Board Regular

It could be that things are just different here in florida as far as the economy goes, but trash here is so up and down, there's never a guarantee to get 3 loads, and when i do, i put no less than 14 hours in, typically like i said 15 to 16 hours. And like i posted earlier, i'm just thankful to be working, florida is going through tough times right now, as i'm sure most everywhere is, but as far as drivers go, if you've got a job just hang on to it until things get better. Bottom line, there are days where I feel like i'm doing good, and then others where i think my job stinks just as bad as the trash in the trailer, i just take it day by day. :?
Old 10-02-2008, 11:37 PM
Board Regular

I drive for MBI in SLC and We get paid about $100 a load with 2 loads a day M-f. Usually between 9.5 and 11 hours a day. A few check usually gross's $1000 give or take a few bucks. But we have more short days than full days. But I still make more than I did OTR and the bennies are better and I get to go home and ride my motorcycle everyday. We run super sets and are the only ones in the company to do so(I believe) hence the pay difference stated above.. By far the easiest driving job I've had. Course part of that is We have a dream Boss. The guy is just incredible and if he leaves half the crew would go with him, he just inspires that kind of loyalty.