User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2008, 04:45 AM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR SILVER
loose the avatar dude......................god that's bad................. :shock: :shock:
No.
Old 10-01-2008, 04:56 AM
Senior Board Member

hey............................... if looking at that makes you happy......... :? :? :? :shock: :shock: :shock:
...............that's just sad....... :? :? :?

I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much.
Mother Teresa

"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. CHESTERTON

"Qui non intelligit aut discat aut taceat"
Who does not understand should either learn, or be silent.
The Mark Levin Show
Old 10-01-2008, 12:26 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR SILVER
hey............................... if looking at that makes you happy......... :? :? :? :shock: :shock: :shock:
...............that's just sad....... :? :? :?

Obviously, you don't like Halloween. Or horror movies.

THAT is sad.
Old 10-01-2008, 12:33 PM
Rookie

OK
Running Numbers..Next batch..Yes, Eagle is right, my revenue has taken a significant drop..
Tell me if I am right about this:
Eagle says Own Authority, 5% for the paperwork and book your own freight..That is Good
Here is the downside - Capital and Freight..
1) Capital...Shippers are on a 30 to 90 to never day billing cycle..So if you don't get paid for 30-90 days or never, that means capital and increased risk.
2) Freight...IF the truck is specialized and the driver knows brokers and shippers who handle that freight ..that might not be a problem ..i.e specializing in oversize.

We aren't specialized..We are a team Flat Bed with excellent credit, own our truck/trailer, running coast to coast irregular route, years of experience without accident, late load or cargo damage:
We won't specialize because
1) A&E..Has anyone actually read the DOT handbook and attempted to apply the rules? It is Illegal To Haul A&E if you actually follow the rules in real life. (I am certain there are some armchair truckers out there who will argue with me..but..there it is) And the government paperwork to get qualified is a nightmare.
2) Oversize...There is some computer program that the Federal and State DOT's have that is programmed to rewrite the Regulations and increase the rates for permits..and it is set on a random schedule. (you have to have a flashing light..you don't have to have a flashing light..you need a flashing light but you have to have a permit...can anyone keep up with all this or even want to?)
3) We have been hauling incidental Hazardous..roofing glue and such but ...mostly we don't again because it is becoming a bureaucratic hassle and worse now, with all the fingerprinting and Cab classes..and it gets worse every year..
4) Generic Flatbed...That may be going the same way as A&E..Plus everyone except the ignorant dangerous driver is becoming an expert on how to load and secure flatbeds..and that means...well...you know..

So..it will require Capital and possibly speicialization ..or a truckers Co-Op of independant agents who will load trucks for a flat percentage of 7%. How about an Agent/Broker Co-Op for freight brokers?

But Landstar is not the reason we are not making more in Specialized Freight..which we used to do..so I have to factor that into the loss of revenue..