User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2008, 10:18 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default ontario truckers

What is the best city in ontario, besides mississuaga or toronto (high cost of living) Would be the best city for a new driver to start out in? I am from sarnia ontario. By the looks of it we only have a couple bigger sized companies. Trimac, Tandet and I think TST and I dont think they will hire brand new drivers, it seems they only do tanker type stuff.... But I am looking for a ontario city which has alot of big carriers who will hire newbies fresh out of truck school.. If you were in my shoes what city would you pick to live in? as far as high truck driver employment , number of different carriers etc....and cheaper cost of living?
Old 09-11-2008, 10:38 PM
Board Regular
Default Re: ontario truckers

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwantz
What is the best city in ontario, besides mississuaga or toronto (high cost of living) Would be the best city for a new driver to start out in? I am from sarnia ontario. By the looks of it we only have a couple bigger sized companies. Trimac, Tandet and I think TST and I dont think they will hire brand new drivers, it seems they only do tanker type stuff.... But I am looking for a ontario city which has alot of big carriers who will hire newbies fresh out of truck school.. If you were in my shoes what city would you pick to live in? as far as high truck driver employment , number of different carriers etc....and cheaper cost of living?
I deliver alot to London. Don't know about the cost of living but I think it's a nice area, alot of business'. We have a terminal out of Sarnia (Superior Carriers) but sounds as if you don't want to pull a tank. I do see alot of Robert out of On. BOL in your search
Old 09-12-2008, 01:35 AM
Rookie

do you know if superior carriers hires newbies? out of driving school? I dont mind pulling anything at all,, i just think it probaly isnt the best thing for a newbie to start out with
Old 09-12-2008, 11:03 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwantz
do you know if superior carriers hires newbies? out of driving school? I dont mind pulling anything at all,, i just think it probaly isnt the best thing for a newbie to start out with
Yes they do. I got hired right out of school. They look at your work history. They are looking for carrier minded drivers, not job hoppers. It's up to the terminal manager.. www.superior-carriers.com