Quote:
Originally Posted by belpre122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun
Any other AL drivers here? I just started with the company about 3 weeks ago and am extremely happy with the company. This will definitely be the company I retire from.
Shaun, are they out of New Jersey? I see the BOC gases (Indy) guys with tractors labeled with Air Liquide or some close to that?
BOC was bought up by Linde Corp...same stuff as Prax Air and Air Liquide.

http://www.us.lindegas.com/internati...alias/Homepage
So what's your take on the whole situation with Linde/BOC, I run diesel in to the Indy terminal and just happen to know the driver manager............
I really don't have a take on the buy-out. I tried to hire on with BOC nack in 06. The terminal manager over in Baytown told me to hold off until the buyout was done...I never went back.

As far as Linde..I have always heard that they were a great company to work for. I've never had a company driver from them, Air Liquide, or even PraxAir...when they were still Union Carbide and after the name change, complain about wages, work hours, or benneies.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:09 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I worked for Trimac/airproducts, and Air Liquide was a 3rd party carrier using Trimac drivers as well, I liked Trimac, but Air Products sucked. Working way too many hours, way too many delays. Both companies worked out of Santa Fe Springs, Ca. The paperwork is mind boggling and very time comsuming. Wayyyyyyy too many problems if you ask me. The only way I would consider cryogenics again would be by the hour, not the load, I thought getting a hazmat and tanker endourcment would be very rewarding pay, seems like most companies take advantage of it, not reward it. Getting a hazmat and tanker cdl isnt easy and im glad I did, but the pay just isnt there, for what you have to go through
Old 08-29-2008, 02:06 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckn4u2day
I worked for Trimac/airproducts, and Air Liquide was a 3rd party carrier using Trimac drivers as well, I liked Trimac, but Air Products sucked. Working way too many hours, way too many delays. Both companies worked out of Santa Fe Springs, Ca. The paperwork is mind boggling and very time comsuming. Wayyyyyyy too many problems if you ask me. The only way I would consider cryogenics again would be by the hour, not the load, I thought getting a hazmat and tanker endourcment would be very rewarding pay, seems like most companies take advantage of it, not reward it. Getting a hazmat and tanker cdl isnt easy and im glad I did, but the pay just isnt there, for what you have to go through
There is a boat-load of truth in that statement! If you are in Southern Cali, you have a tough row to hoe, because of the numbers of people. TWIC should make it easier for you, by weeding out the fake drivers with fake papers.......but only TIME will tell.
Old 08-29-2008, 02:21 PM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member

Quote:
TWIC should make it easier for you, by weeding out the fake drivers with fake papers.......but only TIME will tell.
Stan, have you had to obtain/apply for a TWIC yet? Is it required at any of your shippers/receivers?
Old 08-30-2008, 03:07 AM
Board Regular

And (just in case anyone is interested) TRIMAC has been terminated by Air Liquide nationwide as of September 27, 2008. Trimac tried to raise rates and put all kinds of conditions on their contract and Air Liquide basically told them where to "pound sand". It's back to company drivers at Air Liquide as 09/27/08. Praxair and Air Products still are using TRIMAC though. Thank God, I'm at Linde, it's nice and peaceful over here....http://www.linde.com
Old 08-30-2008, 03:19 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
TWIC should make it easier for you, by weeding out the fake drivers with fake papers.......but only TIME will tell.
Stan, have you had to obtain/apply for a TWIC yet? Is it required at any of your shippers/receivers?

Many of the plants I go into have posted warnings that Nov 1 is the date they start turning away drivers who don't have the TWIC card. Mine is sitting over at the beaumont TWIC center at Ford Park. Their computers that activate the card is down..they won't distribute the cards...because they can't be activated.

LOL....There won't be any readers available at Plants to read the cards until next July at the earliest...probably longer than that.
Old 08-31-2008, 01:38 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by feederfred
And (just in case anyone is interested) TRIMAC has been terminated by Air Liquide nationwide as of September 27, 2008. Trimac tried to raise rates and put all kinds of conditions on their contract and Air Liquide basically told them where to "pound sand". It's back to company drivers at Air Liquide as 09/27/08. Praxair and Air Products still are using TRIMAC though. Thank God, I'm at Linde, it's nice and peaceful over here....http://www.linde.com
Did you / do you work for Trimac ? I checked them out 2 months ago, at their terminal in East Braddock, when I was visiting that area, and spoke to the guy who is in-charge of the place. He showed me around, and was actually really nice to have come in on his day off, since I was flying home ( back to Edmonton ) that day.

Up here in Western Canada, Trimac is really big ( maybe even the biggest ), when it comes to bulk hauling. They're based out of Calgary, which is about 270km south of Edmonton, where I live. They also have a huge set-up here. I happen to work for one of their chief competitors, although we're not as big as they are. We're a much older company by far, and our line of work in dry bulk is very focussed on the oilpatch.

They are a very well respected company here, and have a pretty good reputation. Most of their drivers and owner-ops are very happy with them, and have been around for a long time ( as have those of ours ). I am, though, curious to know what they are like down in the US, especially in the Pittsburgh area. Any information would be sincerely appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 08-31-2008, 08:08 AM

You tanker boys going to pretty much need a TWIC to get into the refineries around the country? They've been out to the ones in the NW here signing people up, but I've recieved different info on who needs them and who doesnt.
Old 08-31-2008, 11:37 AM
Senior Board Member