Old 08-04-2008, 02:53 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

headborg wrote:
Quote:
course, if you're gonna have to go get that haz-mat....... how bout tanker?
Superior?
Unfortunately, unless policy has changed recently, Superior has quit hiring out of FL (barring O/O's) and hasn't hired anyone from there in several months. However, there's still Dana and Rogers Cartage that may work for him concerning chemical tanks... :wink:

U.S.M.C. '89-'95 0351 (Assaultman), '95-'99 6531 (Aviation Ordnance)...IYAOYAS!
U.S. Army '00-'01 67S (OH-58D Crew Chief/Repairman)

"Pain is weakness leaving the body."

"Nobody ever drowned in their own sweat."
Old 08-08-2008, 12:49 AM
Rookie

Ok I took the job with shaffer i dont know if i can change it to crete but i leave sunday and gotta do a 6wk training. :roll:

Seems like a long time for training when someone that already runs a truck. But neverless i guess i gotta pay my dues til i have more verafiable experance.
I remeber the days when i 1st got my cdl i took a road test to a truckstop and back and off i went..lol

But it seems like tankers are hard to come by here in sw florida without 2yrs time in and living below orlando my choices are few for driving with anyone else.
Old 08-08-2008, 02:05 AM
Senior Board Member

Congradulations... and good luck--

Guess you'll be running out of DeLand--- maybe you'll end up with a Crete Trainer/Finisher for your refresher-- just try hard to gut it out-- then you'll be
ok from there with your own ride. At least, it's $550.00 a week, right?

Keep us posted, please.
Old 08-08-2008, 02:12 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by headborg

Guess you'll be running out of DeLand--- maybe you'll end up with a Crete Trainer/Finisher for your refresher-- just try hard to gut it out-- then you'll be

Keep us posted, please.
Thanks, I know i have to park the truck at deland for home time. Heading to Marietta GA, for or orientation, pretty much all i know right now.
I belive they said it was 500.00wk

Do you know if we are going to run as a team or is the trainer going to be in the passenger seat only?
Kinda hope he is, Hard to sleep in a moving truck for more then 4 hours for me..
Old 08-08-2008, 02:18 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weazz
Quote:

Keep us posted, please.
Thanks, I know i have to park the truck at deland for home time. Heading to Marietta GA, for or orientation, pretty much all i know right now.
I belive they said it was 500.00wk

Do you know if we are going to run as a team or is the trainer going to be in the passenger seat only?
Kinda hope he is, Hard to sleep in a moving truck for more then 4 hours for me..

Guess that all depends on how much previous experience you do have-- how well your first road test goes-- and the judgement of your Trainer-- he'll probably want to got "super- solo" with you as soon as possible-- so he can make some Money himself.

Personally, I'd rather be sleeping while someone-- whom I have some confidence in is driving-- over the opti-idle startup/shut off.
Old 08-08-2008, 02:30 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Guess that all depends on how much previous experience you do have-- how well your first road test goes-- and the judgement of your Trainer-- he'll probably want to got "super- solo" with you as soon as possible-- so he can make some Money himself.
So he will be a seat warmer until he trusts me? LOL
So making him scream is a bad thing huh

Quote:
Personally, I'd rather be sleeping while someone-- whom I have some confidence in is driving-- over the opti-idle startup/shut off.
[/quote]
I can understand that, When i teamed for LCT none worried about my driving and one was pissed cuz i wouldnt do 70 in cali.

opti-idle ? when the truck starts on its own or is it like a tri-pac?
do the trucks come with power inverters? and do you think it would be ok if i brought my laptop with me during training?
Old 08-08-2008, 02:39 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weazz
Quote:
So he will be a seat warmer until he trusts me? LOL
So making him scream is a bad thing huh

Quote:
I can understand that, When i teamed for LCT none worried about my driving and one was pissed cuz i wouldnt do 70 in cali.

opti-idle ? when the truck starts on its own or is it like a tri-pac?
do the trucks come with power inverters? and do you think it would be ok if i brought my laptop with me during training?[/quote]

opti-idle is where the truck starts and shuts off on it's own, based on temperature comfort setting selected in sleeper or if the battery power gets low( the only good feature ) .....after a BUZZER sounds the truck will rock like a fat lot lizard is jumping up and down on the running board-- and again when it shuts off. Could do this as often as every 20 minutes-- so try to go unconscience or in a Coma in under 20 minutes. Although, in the last days of my service there-- they cut the idle rpm down to save fuel and this did wonders for decreasing the amount of 'rocking' of the truck on shut-off.

Sure, bring the laptop-- power inverters( under 500watt) that can plug into a lighter socket is allowed....just not big one's that need to be 'hard wired'.
Old 08-08-2008, 06:08 AM

Quote:
opti-idle is where the truck starts and shuts off on it's own, based on temperature comfort setting selected in sleeper or if the battery power gets low( the only good feature ) .....after a BUZZER sounds the truck will rock like a fat lot lizard is jumping up and down on the running board-- and again when it shuts off. Could do this as often as every 20 minutes-- so try to go unconscience or in a Coma in under 20 minutes. Although, in the last days of my service there-- they cut the idle rpm down to save fuel and this did wonders for decreasing the amount of 'rocking' of the truck on shut-off.
ROFLMAO about the fat lot lizard comment!! :lol: