User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2008, 04:51 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I'm going to speak on behalf of a friend of mine who is an independant contractor with them and a few others I've spoken to on dedicated International paper and dedicated Uline since IP and Uline is mostly what I haul. My friend was barely getting any miles, a 1800 week was the norm, he finaly broke that and is getting so/so miles, his solution is he now REFUSES loads going to the northeast. JB has such a concentration of trucks in the northeast that if you are running it as an o/o you'll starve. dedicated uline and IP company (IC's can't run dedicated) are seeing 1800 per week and to be fair I've hear a FEW jb hunt drivers that were getting 3000+ but they were few and far between. You will find JB's logs and rules probably confusing and stupid. I was stuck scrtching my head when they flagged my friend for 15 hours in the sleeper, they called it something like suspicously long time in sleeper. but that's only one of the strange rules. the bottom line is I would avoid jb, but that's my opinion.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:43 PM
Board Regular

I have met many drivers with JB Hunt that have been there numerous years and love it. The last two had been working for them for 11 years and 17 years, and if they can last that long with a trucking company then they must not be all that bad. From what I hear it all depends on the account you are working.

Doesn't matter where you have been, it's where you are going in life that counts!
Old 08-05-2008, 10:19 PM
Default my 401k

yippeeeee a 7 % increase in the value of my 401k today they ain't all bad
Old 08-23-2008, 10:19 PM

IF THERE TRUCKS WENT A LIL FASTER ID GO WITH THEM. THEY GOT A BIG FACILTY IN EAST BRUNSWICK NJ. TONS OF LOCAL ACCOUNTS. I GUESS THE LOCAL RUNS ISNT A BIG DEAL FOR THE SPEED AS IT WOULD BE WITH OTR RUNS.
Old 08-24-2008, 05:46 AM
Default JB Hunt

Been with them 3 times, 1995, 2000, 2007. Ended up getting screwed each and every time. You will have a very short honeymoon period, and then they will try to do what they wish with you. Go there at your own risk. And remember you were warned.
Old 08-24-2008, 01:47 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I have met a number of drivers who have been with them for several years and they seem to be happy with them. I have met quite a few who have leased a truck to them or done a lease purchase who are not happy. If the only difference is that you will get more money doing the same job, I am not sure what the problem would be. They are a large company are are likely going to be rigid in what they require. Smaller carriers are usually a little more flexible. If you are happy with your current company, then I would probably stick with them. If not, then you have a good opportunity. You will hear good and bad about any carrier. JB must be doing some things right to have survived so long in such a competitive business. They are one of the largest carriers in the country and they are profitable. I don't know anything about NFI. I prefer smaller companies, but that is more of a personal preference. Some like large companies.