Any insight on this division of Swift?
Old 07-22-2008, 04:13 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Well.........It's Swift...

They might pay you 28cpm instead of 26cpm though since it's flatbed..
Good deal huh?

Adapt and overcome.
Old 07-22-2008, 07:23 PM
Senior Board Member

Swift flatbed's main terminal is Greer, SC, haul a lot of cars out of there from the plant. Though they do coils and steel. You will do a lot of dry van too though, if freight is slow for flatbed, they make you haul a 53'.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:06 AM
Rookie

i cant remember the posters screen name but a while back on here there was a guy that was keeping very up to date posts with his experience with Swift Flatbed and he was doing very well for himself on it. It was actually pretty surprising to me how well that guy was doing, I havent ready anything of his experiences in a while but i know he saved up and went with their lease purchase later on, but he was stying super busy making good money.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:56 AM
Rookie

Samael9. Thats his name. I enjoyed reading his post. It showed me that with focus and determination, you can achive success. No matter what company you run with.
Old 07-23-2008, 07:10 AM
Rookie

I think I remember that he said on his personal blog that he failed a DOT physical due to blood sugar issues so he's not trucking any longer. However he did seem to do real well at Swift hauling flats.
Old 07-24-2008, 05:05 AM
Rookie
Default Re: Swift FLatbed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpl14
Any insight on this division of Swift?
I worked with Swift for four months in the Flatbed division. Swift has three main terminals for Flatbed, Greer SC, Gary In, Phioenix AZ. I will tell you that you will have a three day orientation, than it will be followed by a two day tie down class. After which, they will eaither send you home for a week (cause they can't find you a mentor) or so or you will go out with a mentor right away. Your training will last for six-weeks/seven weeks. Most trainors will make you drive at night, once you start driving team. Unless your trainor is from your area, do not expect to be home for 6-8 weeks. You will haul a lot of steel coils out of Gary, out of Greer, you will do a lot of Freightliner frames, not sure with Phioenix, but you will also go to Laredo, TX a lot and that is a main drop yard for Central/South America. You will be paid like $350 your first week, than $50 more every week after that till you get to $500, than you will top off at that till your done with your training. Swift is a fair company, but it is terrible at getting you home. Home time is why I left Swift, but if you want to good training, Swift is a good company to start with. There are negitives with every company, but it was a pain with Swift in that you would have fuel routes and you would have to stop at this station or that station. Don't believe for a minute that they are 50 miles out of the way, cause that doesn't make sense. Anyways, good luck and remember, in flatbed, you can do it right a million times, but it is the 1,000,001 time that you killed someone and the other million times right doesn't mean a thing.