User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2011, 12:28 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Slave Carriers will do that to keep you around. You were good with the shop foremen, but when you put in your 2 weeks they changed. This industry is full of dirty cut throat weather they are in NE or UT. You are just a truck number to them.
Old 05-27-2011, 12:01 AM
Rookie

hope all is better for you now.
i drove with Seward Motor Freight 04 to 06
it was outstanding, no hurry no worry, but of course that was back in the day when we used cell phones as a communication.
i was thinking of returning until i found out they put those qualcomm computers in there trucks.
as far as the Dac report your right, if they know your going to leave your employment with them they do see you in a different light.
which is why i am glad i did not give them any 2 week notice.
i just told my dispatcher who is no longer with them now that i found a job that will get me home every weekend.
so the transition was really quick.
i turned the truck in nice and clean and at the terminal said see you later , all was well.
then on a later date i find that they put on my DAC that i had a Jack-Knife accident in 05?
only type of accident i had was i bent the fairing on the passenger side of the sleeper.
i called them and asked about in a friendly manner ,you know just asking hey i think someone made a mistake thinking maybe they had the truck number wrong or something.
but they were firm about it and would not have it removed.
so blind side backing at a flying j to get into one of the last parking spaces and over compensating is considered a jack-knife?
strange cause it just hit me that when it did happen it was no big deal, just a small dent we will just pull it strait and not worry about it.
so on i went for another 6 months before i found the job weekly home time .
anyways, just saying ,your not alone.