LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2008, 04:51 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by belpre122
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDCavi
This a man with a brain. Thanks for your post, but your words of wisdom will fall of deaf (possibly handicapped) ears. Unfortunately it seems people like you dont post as much as the local punk(s). Id love to see more of your opinions/facts/experiances as well as Skywalker, Cyanide among others.
Cavi, I didn't know that work-release would allow you to play on the computer.
? Try again.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:19 PM
Senior Board Member

What both of the threads have here in the "what about this trucking company" portion of CAD, I'll never know. Seems a correct one could have been chosen.......
Old 07-17-2008, 01:25 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo
slodsm says:

Quote:
"Then I walk into the Flying J, there is only one full set of teeth in the room (combined amongst everyone) and it smells like some of the bad days in Iraq when no one had been able to shower for a week.

Why do I love this so damn much 90% of the time yet have to be surrounded by people who could care less about their hygiene, their filthy mouths in front of the waitresses...."
It DOES seem at times like some of you can't keep from blurring the lines between the companies that you object to ..... and the average OTR driver found in a truckstop.

I've been out there for a few years, and I've seen a FEW really bad ones.... but, this is going a bit far as to the type of truckers usually sitting around ANY of the major truckstop chains! MOST of the drivers I see in the restaurants at the "J" or Petro, for instance, seem to have JUST gotten out of the shower!! :shock:

And MOST of them really DO have all their teeth! :roll:

I really don't care whether you lighten up on the coolie CARRIERS or not! But, you guys COULD cut some of your FELLOW truck drivers some slack! YOU.... and some of the others..... DO sound like intelligent people. But, perhaps a refresher course in English COMPOSITION is in order. In other words.... it's all in HOW you tell your story!! :wink:
Well, I am not now nor do I ever attempt to start internet flame fests with people I don't know because it's similar to winning the special olympics.

I will however state this. I spent almost 12 years of my life in the Marine Corps until I was injured too bad to continue. I have worked in the WORST possible conditions god ever put on this earth to include deserts where your daily temp hit 135 and when it hit 90 at night you were freezing because your body was confused. We had no running water, no toilets, no ANYTHING but water bottles and a shovel. We NEVER stepped out of our beds (read trucks) and took a piss by our cots! We NEVER went so long without a shower (think of a water bottle and some soap) that we offended our comrades and we would wash our damn clothes in a bucket with hand soap just to try and remain civilized.

I spend a lot of time in truck stops because that's just the nature of the beast and the large portion of drivers I see are just that, dirty, they smell like week old socks and underwear, oily hair, unshaven but not bearded aka just enough facial hair to show laziness.

Now I will distinguish two types here. The majority of O/O's I have seen do NOT fall into this category. It's the guy who is ducking his child support by living out of his truck and just rolled out of the all night xxx store down the street and has a truck littered with sticky socks and trash. But unfortunately a lot of the company drivers fit that bill. It's nothing short of laziness and it disgusts me. If I had it to do all over again, I would opt for the high tibial osteometry and take the 9 year life span of having a bone cut in half and moved over to stay in the Marine Corps to retirement and then spend the rest of my life on a cane rather than stoop to this.

I love the job but a lot of my co workers leave a LOT to be desired. If you are offended by these statements, it's probably because you have reason to be. If you aren't, then I doubt you fall into this category.
Old 07-17-2008, 05:57 PM
Board Icon

Slodsm said:

Quote:
Well, I am not now nor do I ever attempt to start internet flame fests with people I don't know because it's similar to winning the special olympics.
I agree, and I certainly don't feel that my post in ANY WAY amounted to flaming. I hope you didn't take it that way.

Quote:
I will however state this. I spent almost 12 years of my life in the Marine Corps until I was injured too bad to continue. I have worked in the WORST possible conditions god ever put on this earth to include deserts where your daily temp hit 135 and when it hit 90 at night you were freezing because your body was confused.
Then, you SHOULD have what it takes to deal with the unpleasant side of trucking.

Quote:
We had no running water, no toilets, no ANYTHING but water bottles and a shovel. We NEVER stepped out of our beds (read trucks) and took a piss by our cots! We NEVER went so long without a shower (think of a water bottle and some soap) that we offended our comrades and we would wash our damn clothes in a bucket with hand soap just to try and remain civilized.
Although I agree that military personnel are more disciplined in general than others.... I might also suggest that you did or didn't do these things IN PART because you had a burly 1st Shirt who screamed at you, "You WILL not be PIGS in MY camp!" Or something like that! :lol:

Quote:
I spend a lot of time in truck stops because that's just the nature of the beast and the large portion of drivers I see are just that, dirty, they smell like week old socks and underwear, oily hair, unshaven but not bearded aka just enough facial hair to show laziness.
Maybe SOME of these guys are "stuck there" for awhile themselves.... only have only ONE shower left on their rewards card.... and plan on shaving and showering just BEFORE they get back on the road to make a delivery or pickup! :roll:

Quote:
Now I will distinguish two types here. The majority of O/O's I have seen do NOT fall into this category.
And you can identify THEM as opposed to a company driver by the O/O tattooed on their foreheads?? :shock:

Quote:
It's the guy who is ducking his child support by living out of his truck
MAYBE 1% of all the drivers out there! And how would you KNOW?

Quote:
and just rolled out of the all night xxx store down the street
How would you know WHERE they were last night, if you weren't there as well? :roll:

Quote:
and has a truck littered with sticky socks and trash.
This is getting a bit ridiculous here, oh magnificent Carnac!! Unless you are our resident Lot Lizard, how many of these dirty truckers' trucks have you been INSIDE?? :shock: :lol:

Quote:
But unfortunately a lot of the company drivers fit that bill.
That's not MY experience! If anything, and no offense intended to those here who ARE but..... I would assign those attributes more often than not TO the owner operators, who have no one to demand any standards of them. About HALF of the company drivers I see in truckstops are husband/wife TEAMS! Usually, both are obese and ugly.... but, again... seem to have JUST taken a shower! (wet hair!)

Quote:
It's nothing short of laziness and it disgusts me. If I had it to do all over again, I would opt for the high tibial osteometry and take the 9 year life span of having a bone cut in half and moved over to stay in the Marine Corps to retirement and then spend the rest of my life on a cane rather than stoop to this.
Ah..... HERE we find the problem! I'm no Dr. Phil.... but, it sounds as if you are BITTER about either YOUR decision.... or that of the military..... to end your career! And you are taking it out on everyone you SEE out here on the road! :roll:

Quote:
If you are offended by these statements, it's probably because you have reason to be.
Wrong again! I shower and shave at LEAST every other day (running teams,) and I don't sweat profusely. If I DID, I'd shower more often. My truck is neatly organized with dirty clothes in a plastic bag tucked under my bunk. I DO need a little dental work, but I brush daily and have MOST of my teeth! :lol:

I'm OFFENDED, because I just don't find a basis of truth to your statements, and because they demean the WHOLE of trucking and the majority of drivers! I SEE the "bad apples" just as YOU do! But, your numbers are WAY OFF!! In a truckstop of say 100 spaces, MAYBE 10% IF that many get out and piddle next to their trucks! OR smell.... OR cuss... OR anything ELSE you object to! About 50% of them never even get OUT of their trucks!

I don't know if YOU just live and work in the armpit of the country, or what!? But, your observations don't hold with what I've seen in the 20+ states I've run in, and nearly 3 years out here!

I think you SEE what you WANT to see, because you HATE what you are doing, and who you are doing it with! You seem to think you've taken a step DOWN on the food chain..... and you are miserable over it!

That's just my thoughts on it. I may be wrong about the underlying reasons. But, I am dead ON about the results!

I hope you find what you are looking for..... but, I don't think you will find it out here on the road!

Hobo

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 07-17-2008, 06:06 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Slodsm said:

Quote:
I agree, and I certainly don't feel that my post in ANY WAY amounted to flaming. I hope you didn't take it that way.

Hobo

Golfhobo is the leader of flaming.... Don't let his " save the word, here I come to the rescue " fool anyone........ :lol:
Old 07-17-2008, 07:13 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel
Quote:
Slodsm said:

Quote:

Hobo

Golfhobo is the leader of flaming.... Don't let his " save the word, here I come to the rescue " fool anyone........ :lol:
Well.... BigD...... I disagree! Yes, I can get animated at times in a debate, especially over politics. But, most of those are pretty equal in my opinion. And, I may tend to SHOOT someone down if they ask a really STUPID question! But, I don't believe I am anywhere NEAR as degrading as YOU are to posters! :roll:

I don't have any plans or aspirations of "saving the world." But, NEITHER do I have intentions of ABUSING people the way YOU do.

My original post, in which I "referenced" something slosdam said, was directed at Belpre, with whom I am having a civilized debate! Perhaps, slosdam mistakenly thought my post in general was aimed at him.

What YOU thought, is anyone's guess! And, as usual, YOUR response was neither relevant nor appreciated! I wonder what it is like to be you? Going through life with nothing important to say? Thankfully, I will never have to KNOW. :wink:

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:24 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

We're done here. I've fielded enough complaints from both sides of the debate to shut this down. The ongoing insults, degradation, and third grade playground language is pretty ridiculous. This board is usually above that. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Closed Thread