User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2008, 12:40 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Estes Express Specialized Division

anybody knows anything about the specialized division in estes? I know it's OTR. I got a call, haven't talked to the recruiter yet. I've got a real good gig right now, I'm making about $65,000 and home everyday but wednesdays; but I wonder if making the move over to Estes is better in the long run maybe I can get a linehaul position later on.
Old 06-28-2008, 01:19 PM
Board Regular

$65k/year and home 6/7 days and looking for something else?

You are dismissed; never cross paths with my life again.
I say good day, sir.

OK, almost kidding here. My last job (non driving) paid a lot more then that and I hated it. Had to take a major pay cut when I left but it was worth it.
Old 06-28-2008, 07:05 PM
Senior Board Member

and you are looking for a new gig??? wow!! it sound by the way i hear most truck drivers in here cry and moan, you are in heaven, i'm pretty sure majority of the drivers in here would switch with you in a min!!
Old 06-29-2008, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkjr
and you are looking for a new gig??? wow!! it sound by the way i hear most truck drivers in here cry and moan, you are in heaven, i'm pretty sure majority of the drivers in here would switch with you in a min!!
maybe i should've mentioned that I deliver to c-stores and such and it's a very demanding job (physical). I like it alright, I only work around 48 hrs a week but I do a lot of fingerprinting. I was just thinking ahead, I know I can't do this job for too long, I'm only 25 right now so I can handle it, but my back won't take it for too long. An Estes local driver told me that if I can get in their OTR division it won't take to long to get a linehaul position and then it would all be gravy, but then again I don't know if i'm ready to go OTR again. i've gotten so used to being home so often.
anyways thanks for your replies :wink:
Old 07-15-2008, 08:05 PM

talked to the recruiter; they start you off at .43cpm. home on the weekends and maybe once during the week. eligible to transfer to linehaul division after 1 yr service.
i just want to make it clear to everybody, that I'm not complaining about my job; it's a good job and pays good but it's very physical (Mclane Grocery distribution type job) I unload over 25,000 lbs everyday, I'm only 25 right now but I've got to think about my future, my back and knees won't last 5 more yrs at the rate i'm going.
I know Estes is a great company, but I don't know much about their truckload division.
Anyways, thanks to everybody in advance,

davenport1
Old 07-15-2008, 09:38 PM
Rookie

Davenport, I don't blame you for wanting to change jobs. I did the same thing (delivering to convience stores) and it's no joke to do that. If you want to make money doing that you have to be in decent shape and the chances of getting injured (back, knees) is very high. I myself got injured and had to find some other job where it would'nt be so physically demanding. Estes sound like a good job, that's if you really can get a linehaul job after 1 yr.

P.S. I wonder how many miles they get, being they do truckload but also are a LTL company.