User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2008, 04:11 AM
Senior Board Member
Location: In my own little world, that rides right behind the cab.
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I can see buying your own personal safty gear, boots, hard hat, vest etc. but to want you to buy stuff to hold their tarps on the trailer ??? What next ?? Buy your own chains, binders, matress for the bunk, drivers seat ????
Old 05-31-2008, 03:00 AM
Rookie

The disorganization is why I left in November. It's true that their orientation is pretty basic. There's some things that you can learn from the load securement classes.

If you don't know anything about driving, don't go to Arrow. If you do know how to drive and just need a way into the industry, by all means use Arrow for the experience until you find something better. It's not near the best, but neither is it near the worst. You can make a decent living without being bothered much.

They don't have tripacks and they cut the IdleAire to almost nothing but they won't say anything about you idling all the time either.

Just keep your mouth shut in orientation. The last thing they want to hear is how JBHunt did things different. They sent one guy home just for that.

As for all the wrecks they have, it's not enough to get DOT after them and it just makes you look better for being upright. Yes, they do pay bonuses for that.
Old 05-31-2008, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaji
The disorganization is why I left in November. It's true that their orientation is pretty basic. There's some things that you can learn from the load securement classes.

If you don't know anything about driving, don't go to Arrow. If you do know how to drive and just need a way into the industry, by all means use Arrow for the experience until you find something better. It's not near the best, but neither is it near the worst. You can make a decent living without being bothered much.

They don't have tripacks and they cut the IdleAire to almost nothing but they won't say anything about you idling all the time either.

Just keep your mouth shut in orientation. The last thing they want to hear is how JBHunt did things different. They sent one guy home just for that.

As for all the wrecks they have, it's not enough to get DOT after them and it just makes you look better for being upright. Yes, they do pay bonuses for that.
They are starting to get onto drivers about idling now if you get above 40%, even though they still have our idle aire time cut back. 40% is easy right now, but I'm not sure that will be the case in the summer time. They offer a new bonus for the lowest idle % in each fleet, but you are still going to idle if it gets too hot or cold.