User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2008, 07:28 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

KARNAJJ wrote "Heard from a few drivers here at Crete that they stopped hiring driving school graduates and have even tightened up their standards for experienced drivers."

Gee does this mean I no longer have a job? Seeing as I am the Student Driver Recruiter for Crete/Shaffer and Hunt wouldn't I be the first to know?

We have quit students from schools that are in not ideal locations for freight as well as non-ptdi schools and a couple that are certified but have had problems with the students that have come from them.
Old 05-18-2008, 03:39 PM

I've only been at the wheel a little over 3 yrs but I see a pattern here at my company that gets repeated:
The Hiring/ Orientation process never stops.
When we're blowin' n goin', some pretty lousy drivers get through the System and we end up fighting the Accident Booger... a dumbazz is a dumbazz.
When things tighten down, they institute The Booger Rake and it doesn't take much foolishness to get fired..
And the Hiring/ Orientation process never stops..
Somewhere along the line, we're looking for an overall Balance of Drivers-to-Freight Volume while shooting for the Goal of higher overall Driver Quality in the ranks. :shock: Impossible? Maybe.... It's a longterm goal 4 shur.
Another thing I'm seeing around here is an increase in the Frequency of the OMG Chit n Git Bubble where Freight Traffic Peaks are measured in weeks instead of months. Good Lord I'd hate to be behind that Company Desk right now, trying to figure all this out. :nervous:
On the bright side of it, we've recently instituted the Cat Rewards Program - instead o turning everybody's unit down, only the Shucks are gonna get hit... And while a bump to 66mph up from the previous lockdown o 65mph doesn't amount to Squat Doodly compared to The Ungoverned amongst us, there is a 'good enuff' difference when running all these damd hills on all these damd lil backroads the Routes dictate, and you can make a lil better showing in the ubiquitous Turtle Races out on the Big Ribbon...
Old 05-18-2008, 04:32 PM

There is a major slow down in spending in reality this is not temp thing i expect it to last for a long time. 2 to 4 years the econmy is slowing faster then most companies expected. Swift schiender werner may and most companies over 100 trucks have 1 tightend or stoped hiring all together.

on a down turm like this it could last 4 or 5 more years but i think recovery will be fast.. I have also noticed in an election year it slows dramaticly i think its both and this could lead to a real down turm..

Good luck i hope you have been in your job a while i even see layoffs.

BUT then again i could be totaly wrong... :shock: