User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2008, 10:01 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbpard
Damn they brought the mop & bucket out quick for that one...
:roll:

Are you saying that a post would be put up by someone posing as a driver ?
Old 05-15-2008, 10:08 PM
Senior Board Member

No, I'm saying that if you say something that they dont like around here, they sure take it off quickly...Depending what your name is of course.

Adapt and overcome.
Old 05-15-2008, 10:16 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Did something get removed that shouldn't have? :?: As far as I know, mods don't delete or edit out posts unless they violate the T.O.S. If it showed up and then disappeared right away, the original poster may have deleted it. You can do that up until someone posts a followup.

Old 05-15-2008, 11:20 PM
Board Regular

With all due respect to the OP and at the risk of hijacking the thread, I have to acknowledge Lebron's wisdom and the brilliance of his post . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBron James
The problem with coolie OTR trucking is the dysfunctional layover policies. You only rate detention pay AFTER 2 hours of sitting at a dock. What makes the first two hours worth less than the rest?

I USED to think it should have been retroactive, as in "You can't do it in 2, pay for all"

Then you only get layover pay AFTER 24 hours. Companies like Heartless, JB, etc make an art form out of sitting you just long enough so you can't collect layover.

Count Swift with that group. Remember, our managers network, meet frequently, attend trade functions, job hop, etc. Sooner or later, all the tricks make the rounds.

At least Crete is honest and flat-out tell you that you won't rate any.

Although they neglect to tell you there is no economic incentive (or consequence) for the company to deploy it's assets more efficiently.

You should go on the clock at a good hourly rate when you have hours to run, are available for work, and dispatch can't get you moving. You should also rate hourly pay for breakdowns, safety meetings, PM's, etc. And yes, pay for sleeper-berth time on your 10-hour DOT break as well.
As wise as that appears, there is a perfectly good reason why it can't happen . . HOS. You can't be paid around the clock simply because you can't legally work around the clock.

We don't need to change _______ (insert carrier), we need to change the law. To begin with, the Truck Drivers exemption to the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1936 needs to be rescinded and restore overtime at a minimum. There needs to be an accomodation for a flat day rate minimum for all sleeper drivers. HOS should be eliminated all together unless they are rewritten to accomodate the needs of the driver.

I could go on and on . . but I don't want to hijack the thread.

Your company isn't doing to you anything that any other company isn't doing to their Drivers. Our companies are all operating within the constraints of an obsurd and ridiculously outdated set of laws which benefit them and their customers while completely ignoring the health, safety and economic well being of it's Drivers and the public which we serve.
Old 05-15-2008, 11:30 PM
Board Regular

OOOPs . .

That didn't post exactly as I had intended . . my comments are interspersed within Lebron's original post. Go back and read his post to seperate them . .

Sorry, Lebron . . you had a great post . . appreciate it!