User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2008, 07:11 AM
Rookie
Location: Permanently in Colorado, currently in the Middle East
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Swift Problems???

I've heard a rumor that Swift is having problems meeting their driver payroll. I stress that this is a rumor I have heard. I am not trying to spread it, just trying to get some verification. If Swift is having problems, what is going to happen to the other companies, especially the smaller ones? Anyone have any hard facts about this? If true, it's disturbing.
Old 05-02-2008, 02:25 AM
Senior Board Member

For the past several months there has been all sort of rumors going around about Swift being in financial trouble, along with a few of the other mega carriers.
Old 05-02-2008, 03:00 AM
Senior Board Member

What did I hear today: Swift is going under, TMC bought Maverick, Schneider bought J.B. Hunt and Prime sucks.
Old 05-02-2008, 12:06 PM
Board Regular
Location: Time and again after 8 hours work like another blue collar worker. Got My life back. Good bye CPM.
Default Re: Swift Problems???

[quote="Solo"]I've heard a rumor that Swift is having problems meeting their driver payroll. I stress that this is a rumor I have heard.

That's hard to believe, because what they pay there drivers is the one of lowest in the trucking industry and some of there lease ops are paying the company to drive.

But it would be great to see this bottom feeding company go under and the freight go to a better paying companies with better company policies.

I bet there CEO is still getting his pay?
Old 05-02-2008, 02:01 PM
Rookie
Default Re: Swift Problems???

[quote="Evinrude"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo
I've heard a rumor that Swift is having problems meeting their driver payroll. I stress that this is a rumor I have heard.

That's hard to believe, because what they pay there drivers is the one of lowest in the trucking industry and some of there lease ops are paying the company to drive.

But it would be great to see this bottom feeding company go under and the freight go to a better paying companies with better company policies.

I bet there CEO is still getting his pay?

Right
Old 05-03-2008, 01:08 AM
Board Regular

So you want Swift to go under and there business taken by some other company that pays better and has better policies?
OK. Name me a few of the other bottom feeders who could actually do this. OK. Name me just one.

That statement has to be one of the most asinine, dumb, moronic statements that I have seen on this site.

You want to put 20,000 plus people out on the street? From the cooks at the Jake Brake in Phoenix, to the mechanics in Memphis?

Oh yeh, but you'll say they could be hired by Bottom Feeder Mega Carrier to work for them. Sure.

And if they are able to land a job with the BFMC it will be for what the BFMC will thow at em. Crumbs. "Your lucky to have this deal, cause I can hire somebody else for even LESS than we're paying you"

You think 30 to 40 cpm is tough now? If they go under, guys will be fighting for 20 to 25 cpm jobs. Because all the other bottom feeders will say.

TAKE IT or LEAVE IT.

And I did drive for Swift and I have nothing but kind words for those hard working men and women who still do.

Codger
Old 05-03-2008, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldcodger
So you want Swift to go under and there business taken by some other company that pays better and has better policies?
OK. Name me a few of the other bottom feeders who could actually do this. OK. Name me just one.

That statement has to be one of the most asinine, dumb, moronic statements that I have seen on this site.

You want to put 20,000 plus people out on the street? From the cooks at the Jake Brake in Phoenix, to the mechanics in Memphis?

Oh yeh, but you'll say they could be hired by Bottom Feeder Mega Carrier to work for them. Sure.

And if they are able to land a job with the BFMC it will be for what the BFMC will thow at em. Crumbs. "Your lucky to have this deal, cause I can hire somebody else for even LESS than we're paying you"

You think 30 to 40 cpm is tough now? If they go under, guys will be fighting for 20 to 25 cpm jobs. Because all the other bottom feeders will say.

TAKE IT or LEAVE IT.

And I did drive for Swift and I have nothing but kind words for those hard working men and women who still do.

Codger

Yep, there will always be haters out there.
Old 05-03-2008, 01:36 PM
Board Regular
Location: Time and again after 8 hours work like another blue collar worker. Got My life back. Good bye CPM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldcodger

Codger

No they will be fighting for 40 cpm plus....

lol Keep driving for swift ya lo$er......
Old 05-03-2008, 03:31 PM
Senior Board Member

You might want to read the entire post before you start the Troll tactics. oldcodger said that he "did" drive for Swift and that he has respect for the drivers who currently "do" still drive for Swift.

So how can oldcodger be a "lo$er" driving for Swift if he doesn't drive for Swift?