User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2008, 10:48 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey4069
Good drvers dont get hung out to dry. Simple fact that some people dont need to be driving a truck,. otr is not a job its a way of life . :roll:
Some people in this world aren't the brightest bulbs. I find it reprehensible that any company would take advantage of someone like that. Truth is, (as we all know) you don't need to be a genius to drive. That is no excuse to fleece someone. I hope this fellas life turns out ok. Everyone deserves to make a living, as long as they are driving safe and just trying to make an honest living.
Old 04-19-2008, 10:52 PM

Quote:
I read that truckers report. I work for us xpress and if ur not a good driver they starve you tell u quit. I ran 3000 plus miles a week with them and they treated me pretty well. You have to take the bad with good in trucking :roll: anyway i think some of people on truckers report are just losers who cant handle truckin . just my 2 cents
Yes, but it is usually easy to spot them. I read a lot of the complaints against Schneider and they were all nonsense. "OMG, I had to work 5 days without A DAY OFF!" "They fired me for getting in an accident", That kind of stuff.
Old 04-20-2008, 12:19 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
otr is not a job its a way of life .
INDEED :wink:
Old 04-20-2008, 01:44 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dle
It's also curious about the truckers report that there are no dates, to judge the recency of the info.

For instance, it talks about the stocks being downgraded -- which happened in 2004.
There are dates on each entry made. They are on the RHS of each header.
Old 04-20-2008, 01:21 PM
Board Icon

I've only read the USX one's and those are pretty funny in the BS side. "Oh I ran a team load as a solo driver, delivered an hour early and they fired me. I had 26 hours to get from Cali to Texas. I have done that type of run before and it wasn't a problem." No wonder they fired you when you admitted to it you fool. You just admitted to running a hot logbook on that run and on previous runs. But alas, they fired you for no reason........ :roll:

Or the one where the guy was fired for having an old empty beer bottle in his truck. He whined of how the company went rummaging thru the truck........uh it's THEIR truck not yours so they can do as they please. Would be no different than DOT doing a complete and thorough search.

Or the lady who had 5 accidents, none were DOT reportable but she believes they fired her because she was mentally unstable and they aren't allowed to do that she says.........you had 5 accidents :roll:
Old 04-20-2008, 05:36 PM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member
Default Re: 8 companies you might not want to work for

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whammo
I found this list of trucking companies to avoid and thought I'd share it.

http://www.thetruckersreport.com/company_warnings.shtml

I cannot personally attest to any of these, but the reputations of the companies mentioned there seem to align with opinions expressed on this board.
Did anyone see the Dateline NBC special on child predators that showed a driver for Covenant getting busted for going after an underage girl? He just happened to 'also' have cocaine onboard. The Covenant truck remained in the driveway of the house for the rest of the show while they arrested other child predators. I thought that was a nice touch. I bet that Covenant management was happy about that 'exposure.'
Old 04-20-2008, 06:06 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by belpre122
Did anyone see the Dateline NBC special on child predators that showed a driver for Covenant getting busted for going after an underage girl? He just happened to 'also' have cocaine onboard. The Covenant truck remained in the driveway of the house for the rest of the show while they arrested other child predators. I thought that was a nice touch. I bet that Covenant management was happy about that 'exposure.'
I saw that too. And it's a reflection on Covenant more than the driver. That guy had a rapsheet a mile long...with priors for drug use, pedophilia, etc and Covenant Transport...the supposed "Christian" OTR company with all the pro-life ads on the back of their trailers...STILL hired him. :roll:

Actually, it's a reflection on the entire OTR industry at large. You get what you pay for: nobody wants to work for these flea-bag cut-rate outfits so they have to scrape the bottom of the barrell for drivers. Just walk through any big truckstop and observe all the fine, upstanding citizens milling about. How many pedophiles, ex-cons, thieves, felons, drug addicts, etc are you associating with? Remember, you're judged by the company you keep. That's why nobody will hire you with "over-the-road truckdriver" on your resume.

A couple years back, someone wanted to build a new truckstop around here. Alot of residents were against it, and one of the issues that led to its defeat was that there would be a greater risk of pedophilia and child molestation with all the interstate truckers rolling through. Sad to say, that's how the public thinks of truckers.
Old 04-20-2008, 06:54 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by belpre122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whammo
I found this list of trucking companies to avoid and thought I'd share it.

http://www.thetruckersreport.com/company_warnings.shtml

I cannot personally attest to any of these, but the reputations of the companies mentioned there seem to align with opinions expressed on this board.
Old 04-20-2008, 07:39 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
I saw that too. And it's a reflection on Covenant more than the driver. That guy had a rapsheet a mile long...with priors for drug use, pedophilia, etc and Covenant Transport...the supposed "Christian" OTR company with all the pro-life ads on the back of their trailers...STILL hired him.

Actually, it's a reflection on the entire OTR industry at large. You get what you pay for: nobody wants to work for these flea-bag cut-rate outfits so they have to scrape the bottom of the barrell for drivers. Just walk through any big truckstop and observe all the fine, upstanding citizens milling about. How many pedophiles, ex-cons, thieves, felons, drug addicts, etc are you associating with? Remember, you're judged by the company you keep. That's why nobody will hire you with "over-the-road truckdriver" on your resume.

A couple years back, someone wanted to build a new truckstop around here. Alot of residents were against it, and one of the issues that led to its defeat was that there would be a greater risk of pedophilia and child molestation with all the interstate truckers rolling through. Sad to say, that's how the public thinks of truckers.
Yeah, just OTR drivers are pedophilias. No accountants, secretaries, teachers, electricians, etc. Just OTR drivers. Another pointless post by you that contributes nothing and just goes to show that you are indeed an ass.
Old 04-20-2008, 07:43 PM
Senior Board Member

I'm a pedo?!?!?! Crap - hope my wife doesn't find out.