User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2008, 10:34 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Another Superior Carriers Thread

Ok I am hooked Between Mudpuddle Cy and the rest of you Superior dudes I got interested in your company I spoke with Denis Out of Auburn Maine Went down this morning just waiting to take the Whizz quiz and the Phyz and will be starting next week Thanks for all of the good info hope to see ya'll somewhere down the line
Old 04-02-2008, 12:31 AM

Congrats! I'll be trying to join the rest of you guys in a month or two.
Old 04-02-2008, 02:06 AM
Board Regular
Location: NOT TELLING....but it is in the same state that the Ohio State Buckeyes play!!

1. What is your hometime like with Superior, i was told basically weekends off but maybe not all the time. 48 hours??

2. What is the max weight you can pull in a tanker, is about the same as a van?

3. I have 1 yr OTR pulling vans, how long will i have to go out with a trainer, do i have to go to a school?

4.What is thier idle policy?
Old 04-02-2008, 02:50 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiomohawk
1. What is your hometime like with Superior, i was told basically weekends off but maybe not all the time. 48 hours??

3. I have 1 yr OTR pulling vans, how long will i have to go out with a trainer, do i have to go to a school?
Not to bust your chops, but u should well know the GVW of all 18 wheelers if you have your CDL. Its the same across the board unless you start throwing in axle configurations and different state laws.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:08 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamboner

Not to bust your chops, but u should well know the GVW of all 18 wheelers if you have your CDL. Its the same across the board unless you start throwing in axle configurations and different state laws.
Its a good thing you didn't "bust his chops".....you would have been wrong. 8) Its because not all semi-tractor trailers are "registered" with a GVWR of 80K.

The 80K weight is just a max permissible on the interstates as determined by the federal government (without overweight permits)....and a figure used for vehicle registrations. Additionally....if you haul freight, and even if you are registered for up to 80K.....but fail to put tires on the vehicle that can safely carry that load....you are "illegal" as well.

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Old 04-03-2008, 09:27 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiomohawk
Ummm, yes and no. I tend to stay out between 10 to 14 days as a "system driver"....and when I go home I stay in for 3 to 4 days usually. It all depends on how busy we are and what I have to do. Whether or not you would be home every weekend....will depend on your home terminal.

Quote:
It all depends on the make and model of the tank. Also, if you were in a tractor like mine....which is pretty much the standard "Superior" tractor.... you cannot pull a load that puts you even close to 80K. Both your tractor drives and your tank's tandems would be "over" 34K...and illegal. Been there, done that....had to have product pumped off to get it right.

Quote:
How long you stay with a trainer? A minimum of a week. But then it is ultimately up to the terminal manager and the trainer. There is no "team driving" so the "trainer" is not making a whole lot for the work. We have no double bunk trucks....unless they belong to owner operators. If you were to go out of town over night...you would be in a motel. Trainer sleeps in the truck. After you get cleared and get your own truck.... you will work for a couple of weeks or so then go to the Superior Bulk Logistics Training Center....in Kingsport, TN for a one week school that goes more in-depth concerning tanker operations and hazmat.

Quote:
4.What is thier idle policy?
Their idle policy is: They expect you to be "reasonable". That means don't walk away from the truck and leave it running all the time. They do not expect us to freeze to death, nor do they expect us to sweat at night either. All of our drivers get free "idle-air" as well. If you're like me, you'll turn the truck off whenever possible..... I get tired of hearing it run, and I actually sleep better with the engine off...and its cool enough to do so.

If you have any more questions....feel free to ask! 8)

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.