User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2008, 01:27 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Tandem Transport.

I took a chance and went to work for Tandem Transport, a flat bed company out of Michigan City Indiana. Bigest mistake of my trucking career. I was to be on the Lowes Dedicated account from Washington Courthouse Ohio to Western PA. Albe to take my minimum 10hr break at home and off weekends. Sounds good right? Also free medical, dental, vision and life insurance. with a guarantee minium pay of $ 800.00 per week. I stuck it out 3 weeks just to find out I was getting F%$#ed. First off. The Lowes account. What a joke. Ever try to tarp and secure a load loose leaf plywood with plastic storage sheds on top of it. Nightmare and a P.I.T.A. Second I rarely had a Lowes Load. I did a boat load of dead heading. Third lie Typical recruiter B.S. I never seen the home through out the week which is very important to me, just having taken custody of my 4 neices. and the bigest lie of it all was the Pay. Like I mentioned earlier. I was on the Lowes account and had a guarantee pay of a minimum of $800.00 per week. 27% of the load. Wrong... 27% of Lowes loads with NO PAY FOR DEAD HEADING . I was averaging 177 miles a day dead heading and didn't get payed for any of it. The loaded miles I drove other than Lowes I didn't get paid for as well. When I ask about this durring the training class I was told I got paid for every mile I drove in that truck. I quit friday morning and was sitting in Indiana PA. I told them that since I was not getting paid for dead heading that I would take the truck to the Columbus OH terminal. They blew a gasket and threatened me. Said that if I do that they would deduct $1.25 a mile from my pay for a driver to pick my truck up and return it to Michigan City IN and also put an abandonment on my M.V.R. They told me that they would provide me with a rental car to get me home as well. Wrong... After deadheading 550 miles to Michigan City. I found waiting on me was a train and a bus schedule in an envolope. Also now since I did not last 6 months with them I have to re-imburse Tandem for the traing fees. Total bull s&%t. Dirty Company. Applicants be ware. :evil:
Old 03-31-2008, 02:02 PM

sorry to hear about your ordeal at tandem, important lesson learned for this business, :?: (IF IT AIN'T IN WRITING, IT NEVER HAPPENED) :shock:
Old 03-31-2008, 02:26 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw6831
sorry to hear about your ordeal at tandem, important lesson learned for this business, :?: (IF IT AIN'T IN WRITING, IT NEVER HAPPENED) :shock:
Thats the thing. My description is in writing and they breached my contract, by me Not always on the Lowes account and not getting driver pay.
Old 03-31-2008, 03:31 PM

looked at their web site, didn't see any info, on dedicated runs, but their policy seemed kind of vague, did they tell you, your runs would be lowe's only, I see they stated lots of dh runs to get to freight.
Old 03-31-2008, 05:45 PM
Rookie

Quote:
looked at their web site, didn't see any info, on dedicated runs, but their policy seemed kind of vague, did they tell you, your runs would be lowe's only, I see they stated lots of dh runs to get to freight.
My account was to be the Lowes with occasional back hauls back to the Lowes Dist. The past two weeks I delivered 5 Lowes and everything else was broker and o.t.r. driver accounts. My agreement with them was the Lowes dedicated from Washington Courthouse Ohio to Western Pennsylvania. The pay was 27% of the delivery load. With a guarantee pay of 800. per week, and that I could make more on the back haul as well that paid also 27%. What they don't tell you is that if you are being paid as a dedicated percentage driver you DO NOT get paid for dead head miles and basicly don't get paid for back hauls that are NOT Lowes. I ran 1468 dead head and back haul loads that were NOT Lowes miles last week and don't get a cent for my time.
Old 03-31-2008, 06:22 PM

[quote="rockinjester"]
Quote:
My account was to be the Lowes with occasional back hauls back to the Lowes Dist. The past two weeks I delivered 5 Lowes and everything else was broker and o.t.r. driver accounts. My agreement with them was the Lowes dedicated from Washington Courthouse Ohio to Western Pennsylvania. The pay was 27% of the delivery load. With a guarantee pay of 800. per week, and that I could make more on the back haul as well that paid also 27%. What they don't tell you is that if you are being paid as a dedicated percentage driver you DO NOT get paid for dead head miles and basicly don't get paid for back hauls that are NOT Lowes. I ran 1468 dead head and back haul loads that were NOT Lowes miles last week and don't get a cent for my time.[/quote

Ok I think, I understand what your contract stated, you did well to stay as long as you did. I would definitely move on, hopefully unsuspecting drivers will read this.