User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2008, 04:17 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitoCorleone99
The pay scale listed on the website is actually the pay scale if you do have a pet. Those of us without pets make a penny more at every interval. Pet owners have the opportunity to "earn" the extra penny by maintaining a 6.2mpg average, whereas people without pets are not presently subject to a threshold. In short, if I get 5.9mpg and a pet owner gets 6.1mpg, I earn a penny more per mile. Don't ask me to rationalize it because I can't. That's just what they came up with.

One day off is earned for every seven out. Minimum time out before requesting home time is ten days. From the time you request home, they have five days to get you there. In essence, you could request home after ten days, get home a few days later, and have earned the two days off for being out fourteen. As a practical matter, I wouldn't plan on that approach with this company. Once the priority shifts to routing you home, miles become a secondary concern. When trying to get you back out from home, miles are a secondary concern. So, frequently coming and going from home would not be very profitable for someone who is paid by the mile.

Anything else one should need to know? I take it from your post that you've been OTR before, so you already know that what you hear will be 99% BS and 1% true. It's not as bad as the whiners would have you believe and it's not as good as the people winning the recruiting contests would have you believe.

I rolled my eyes every time someone told me that the company was going down the toilet after the Con-way deal. From my point of view, nothing has changed, so I was right and they were wrong. Others will tell you I'm full of it, so again you have to wade through the difference. Good luck to you.
The reason is probably because the company thinks all the drivers with pets, have them to get around the idle laws. Pet owners can idle everywhere where non pet owners cant.
Old 04-05-2008, 10:03 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soladad
A bit spoiled after Roehl's 11 out 3 days home policy.
:lol: Didn't work that way for me whatsoever. roehl kept me out 18+ days and at least 4 times in one year called me at home to "rescue" a load because a driver "ran out of hours" on two of those occasions when I got to the truckstop to get the load the driver told me he needed hometime (and had plenty of hours left)

Want to get a safety bonus? Have fun sweating your balls off in FL or GA in july. Roehl will fire you for excess idle time. They preach safety but don't care about your comfort (sleep).

Roehl is a sht company, look elsewhere.
Old 04-07-2008, 05:00 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Roehl did not fire me for over idle. I just didn't get my bonuses or raises when I should have. It was a choice I made in order to have a bit of a "life" inside the truck and get a good night sleep in Texas in Oct wth 80+ degree temps and 75% humidity. Never heard anyone getting fired.