User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2008, 02:44 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

good post CFM...Lebron James. i see you are back with the typical bs that you had when you left.
Old 03-31-2008, 02:58 PM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBron James
Drivers need only look into the mirror to see who's responsible for the sorry state of the truckin' biz.

"Mirror, mirror on the wall
Who has made our rates/wages fall?
Good thunder, it is me!
By working, waiting, driving for FREE!!!"
Usally I don't care for what CFM says since he thinks unless you drive for a LTL carrier, then you are nothing, but for once I have to agree.

As far as a strike: What good will it do other then give the trucking industry a bad rep. The industry has nobody in Washington to support us(OOIDA doesn't count, they are lobbiests, not politicians).

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
Old 03-31-2008, 03:24 PM
Board Icon

Could someone please explain why exactly I would want to support someone who can't make it the way things are now? They are, after all, my competition. It is in my best interest to have them fail.

I seriously doubt that if Burger King shut down because they were having difficulty getting customers at the prices they need, you'd see McDonalds shutting their doors in support of them. Why would it be any different in trucking?

Trucking is not a club. It is not a brotherhood. It is a business. I think it is high time that the pro-strike crowd understand this and start treating it as such.
Old 03-31-2008, 04:22 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago
Could someone please explain why exactly I would want to support someone who can't make it the way things are now? They are, after all, my competition. It is in my best interest to have them fail.

I seriously doubt that if Burger King shut down because they were having difficulty getting customers at the prices they need, you'd see McDonalds shutting their doors in support of them. Why would it be any different in trucking?

Trucking is not a club. It is not a brotherhood. It is a business. I think it is high time that the pro-strike crowd understand this and start treating it as such.
Not to mention that the people who the drivers are demanding things of,,, don't have anything to do with nor have any control over what they are demanding.

What's this latest version of the annual trucker strike about again?
Old 03-31-2008, 04:46 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago

Not to mention that the people who the drivers are demanding things of,,, don't have anything to do with nor have any control over what they are demanding.

What's this latest version of the annual trucker strike about again?
May be you two can can go to DC and explain the problems in the industry, you do seem to have a grasp on the situation, and see if Gman would go too! I know this isn't gonna happen and just like this "strike " isn't going to solve any thing
BTW I really do agree, competition is competition some win some lose, when you lose you go drive for someone else!
Old 04-01-2008, 03:52 PM
Rookie
Default YOUR ANSWER!!

[quote="YoungZ.W."]Pleas :lol: e tells us :lol: more!!!! Like who what when were and why. Don't leave us hanging the suspense is killing me The strike WILL start, APRIL 1, according to chanel 4 news. (Tn. news) Hope this helps.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:57 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double R
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBron James
Drivers need only look into the mirror to see who's responsible for the sorry state of the truckin' biz.

"Mirror, mirror on the wall
Who has made our rates/wages fall?
Good thunder, it is me!
By working, waiting, driving for FREE!!!"
Usally I don't care for what CFM says since he thinks unless you drive for a LTL carrier, then you are nothing, but for once I have to agree.

As far as a strike: What good will it do other then give the trucking industry a bad rep. The industry has nobody in Washington to support us(OOIDA doesn't count, they are lobbiests, not politicians).
ooida dont count thats bs . They took dot to court over hos 1 bring back spit sleeper 2 require more hrs of training for NEW drivers. the list goes on and on . ooida does not support the strike . by the way who all here said it wouldnt happen guess your eating crow on that one. Everything ooida does for o/o helps company drivers as well.
Old 04-01-2008, 11:10 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey4069
ooida dont count thats bs . They took dot to court over hos 1 bring back spit sleeper 2 require more hrs of training for NEW drivers.
:lol:

Quote:
by the way who all here said it wouldnt happen guess your eating crow on that one.
What exactly happened? I didn't notice anything.

Quote:
Everything ooida does for o/o helps company drivers as well.
OMG THAT'S FUNNY :lol:
Old 04-01-2008, 11:21 PM
Senior Board Member

well rev im a company driver and they helped me with a problem. if your not looking u wont see it. maybe you need a thicker pair. one truck or a thousand trucks it was a stike . By the way they sued landstar and won witch made things better for you . landstar had to change thier lease contract . :roll: watever Goodbuddy
Old 04-01-2008, 11:52 PM
Senior Board Member

1st off - it was not a strike! Non-Union anybody cannot strike! It was a shut-down, and very minimal at that! Did not notice anything different in Texas today!

On the news, have only seen a couple of clips, showing the typical crap you see out of a news outlet. They have found the grungiest person they could find, that could not speak clearly, and really had no idea what was going on! One should a lot full of trucks, and 4-5 people with signs, and the other showed the 3 drivers getting their driving awards up on I-55 for impeding traffic - real intelligent!

For those that choose to bash OOIDA - since they do not pay to much else that is reality, they would have no idea how much OOIDA has helped the average driver over the last several years.

The ATA wanted the 10 hour rule, no reset, and no split sleepers, while OOIDA has fought, not once, not twice, but several times to try and retain what was working well.

Those that choose to bash OOIDA, also do not have a solution to the problem, thus, are part of the problem! There is truth to mass numbers get the attention of the lawmakers, which is why PATT, CRASH, and Public Citizen get pretty much what they want, their numbers are in the millions.

If OOIDA, or any other reputable organization for the truckers exceeded one million, maybe we could get the attention of big oil and government.

Stick your head back in the sand if you do not believe, the end my be nearer than you think! The big oil companies tried to buffalo the government again today! Do not think they were impressed!

WHAT IS THE Answer REV., and without competition, your rates would be way lower than what they are today! Competition is good for the most part, without it, we all suffer just as bad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey4069
well rev im a company driver and they helped me with a problem. if your not looking u wont see it. maybe you need a thicker pair. one truck or a thousand trucks it was a stike . By the way they sued landstar and won witch made things better for you . landstar had to change thier lease contract . :roll: watever Goodbuddy
Principles are, without question, the fastest way to what I want."
Author Unknown

OOIDA