User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2008, 12:18 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

As far as sidekits go, very few companies have them, and TMC and Maverick only use them on a dedicated type division. You may find some smaller local side kit companies, but none of the major ones. I agree with redsfan here as for hometime, but I know Maverick tarps a crap load too. Tarping goes with flatbedding, if you cant tarp, then stay away from any of the main-street flat bed carriers, youll have to go almost local.

Also, $40 tarp pay is good for a company driver, and for 1hr work at most, its well worth it.
Old 03-28-2008, 03:25 PM
Senior Board Member

I ran for TMC in the Long Haul Division, tarped only on average 1 out of ever 4 loads, and several were only partials (although there is not really any less work, partials can sometimes be more work!). TMC has some excellent dedicated opputunities, that one could work themselves into, depending on your geographic location and work ethic!

A lot of Maverick loads, according to their drivers are already tarped (covered) and the drivers just finish adding the bungees!

Melton is also a good outfit, have heard few complaints! The biggest one is they keep you out for a few weeks at a time, except for certain areas.

Passmore is (or was) a good outfit, mostly southern tier states, although they were bought out be Prime last year. Have heard some gripes since then, but they still have the big Pete's.

One just has to decide what works for them! No one company will fit 100%, but you can get close if the research is done!
Principles are, without question, the fastest way to what I want."
Author Unknown

OOIDA
Old 03-29-2008, 01:30 AM
floored
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

My brother is with Melton, has been for over a year now, hes making .42cpm with 2 yrs exp., new Volvo, running about 2500-2800 miles each week average. Hes on the road full time, maybe takes a month off max throughout the year, but thats his choice - they send him home when he asks. His only complaint is the trucks all only run 65mph and hes one of those guys who always wants to haul balls everywhere.. :roll:
Old 03-29-2008, 01:33 AM
Senior Board Member

Hmm, better get my speedo calibrated again! Had 3 Melton trucks blow my doors off day before yesterday, running together! I was empty, and could have sworn I was doing 73mph. Hmm, Mechanic!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by floored
My brother is with Melton, has been for over a year now, hes making .42cpm with 2 yrs exp., new Volvo, running about 2500-2800 miles each week average. Hes on the road full time, maybe takes a month off max throughout the year, but thats his choice - they send him home when he asks. His only complaint is the trucks all only run 65mph and hes one of those guys who always wants to haul balls everywhere.. :roll:
Author Unknown

OOIDA
Old 03-29-2008, 01:35 AM
floored

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryhorseman
Hmm, better get my speedo calibrated again! Had 3 Melton trucks blow my doors off day before yesterday, running together! I was empty, and could have sworn I was doing 73mph. Hmm, Mechanic!!
They just started doing it, so chances are good that those trucks haven't gone in yet.

Nice avatar btw (not only do I love truck drivers, I also love horses)
Old 03-29-2008, 02:59 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by floored
Quote:
They just started doing it, so chances are good that those trucks haven't gone in yet.

Nice avatar btw (not only do I love truck drivers, I also love horses)
Thanks, That was actually 2 photo's of my now 15 year old Thoroughbred, in the act of play fighting with another T-bred. The images were cut, cropped and overlaid over an actual sunset picture at my property in Photoshop! He turns quite a few head when cleaned up and in full spirit!
Author Unknown

OOIDA
Old 03-29-2008, 03:40 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
I ran for TMC in the Long Haul Division, tarped only on average 1 out of ever 4 loads, and several were only partials (although there is not really any less work, partials can sometimes be more work!). TMC has some excellent dedicated opputunities, that one could work themselves into, depending on your geographic location and work ethic!

A lot of Maverick loads, according to their drivers are already tarped (covered) and the drivers just finish adding the bungees!

Melton is also a good outfit, have heard few complaints! The biggest one is they keep you out for a few weeks at a time, except for certain areas.

Passmore is (or was) a good outfit, mostly southern tier states, although they were bought out be Prime last year. Have heard some gripes since then, but they still have the big Pete's.

One just has to decide what works for them! No one company will fit 100%, but you can get close if the research is done!

yeah, that's what I'm trying to do.... they should design a computer program like E-harmony for Truckers looking for that perfect match.....across 129 areas of compatibility....

There's just so many you got to weed thru-- fortunately/ or mis-fortunately
usually the easiest is discovering that You yourself arn't qualified. Then there's hiring area.... but all this research is much better than quiting a job....travel to orentation and discover on day 3 something minor to them is a big road block.

Example; last day orientation at Shaffer- this solo male driver prequal driver was there with his wife( who always rode with him) are setting there -- when the safety man announces you have to have a bonafide Marriage Licence for your spouse to ride with you--- He asked if a certificate of common law marriage would work......was told NO.....him and his "wife" stood up-- he pitched the keys to the man--- and had wasted a week.
Old 03-29-2008, 11:46 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
I

WHAT? Which drivers are you talking to? Where are these loads? I have NEVER seen a pre tarped load at Maverick. Preloaded trailers sometimes, but never pre tarped.

OK, I thought about his after I walked out of the room.
Specialized Division (glass haulers) most loads pre tarped.
Regular flatbed no pre tarps.
Old 04-03-2008, 07:26 PM
Rookie

there is a little company in Dardanelle ar. you might find... no web site just call information...for Raines trucking....flatbed regional....wonderman
Old 04-03-2008, 08:25 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderman
there is a little company in Dardanelle ar. you might find... no web site just call information...for Raines trucking....flatbed regional....wonderman
Here is another one you might contact HB....if you haven't already found something else.

http://www.kelworth.com/ForDrivers/t...7/Default.aspx

Kelworth Trucking Co. is a flatbed Over-the-Road carrier operating throughout the continental United States. Our corporate headquarters are located in Poteau, OK, in close proximity to the I-40 corridor. This enables us to move materials quickly and easily, and do business with shippers and receivers located throughout the country.

I see their drivers all the time...always happy...often got a sweety along too.