User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2008, 12:36 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Prime

I have been reading the posts here on CAD. I have focused my attention on reading about the training companies. From the posts one can easily grasp that they all equally suck. You have to "pay your dues" to get in this business. Never-the-less I just have to ask for any current information, or advice from anyone working for Prime.

A few months back I read a little bit about Prime, the advice centered on "not leasing" after training. I'm not interested in leasing. I can't help but notice they seem to pay the best if you start with them, once you get your CDL. Their website says a minimum of $600.00 a week. The drawback, it appears, is that you are in training longer than most of the other companies.

Thanks for any information or comments.
Old 03-15-2008, 03:02 AM
Board Regular

ok here ya go all the Prime info.you can stand.

http://www.primedrivers.net/forum/
Old 03-15-2008, 12:58 PM

Prime will also run you as a team right from the beginning! So get use to doing ur 11 hrs. driving! Thats if u get a good/decent trainer!!! :shock:
Old 03-15-2008, 04:12 PM
Rookie

Thanks, BigDawg, you were not kidding about, "all the Prime info. you can stand." That site will take some time to analyze.

Thanks, ohio joe, if I take the Prime path, I really hope I get that good/decent trainer. Living in a truck with an arse could be worse than the ex-wife I am already a thousand miles away from. Don't want that. :shock:
Old 03-19-2008, 06:57 PM

I trained through Prime and had a great time. Just use common sense; if your trainer is a nice person, which most of em are, just LISTEN to what he/she has to say. Don't say 'I know' all the time cause that's annoying as heck to them. Learn and have a good time. Now, if something really doesn't vibe or you 2 just plainly don't get along, which happens, call your contact person at Prime and explain what's going on, but they better be valid reasons. They won't deal with whiny pithy complaints. BOL to ya.