User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2008, 01:49 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default JB Hunt or Swift

Hi guys i have been approved to go to orination to jb hunt and swift . I spoke to both companies and jb hunt is giving me the better deal far as pay and hometime .Would anyone know whos insurance is better swifts is cheaper but dosent always mean its better any advice on both companies good or bad would be great. also ive heard jb hunt sends people home if they havent checked reference or what not i asked the recuriter and they told me im clear to go everything checks out Oh i have 6 months otr experince
Old 03-13-2008, 05:10 PM
Rookie

I cant speak for JB, but I did a little stint at swift. They check you out durring orientation there too. Lots of people sent packing. Their benifits are average for a starter company. Some people have good luck there and lots do not. I do know for whatever reason the terminals seem to fight amongst themselves with the result that if you end up at another terminal and need anything, repairs, a load ect, you WILL be there for DAYS waiting while they take care of "their" drivers". Memphis is especially bad about this.
Old 03-15-2008, 11:15 AM
Senior Board Member

I'd say go with Swift as well.
Not exactly the best company, but not a terrible gig either.
As far as the terminals and repair/load issues go, that too is a so-so, situation.
Hell, I'll look into getting back with them as soon as I get some experience elsewhere to rebuild the bridge that was burned with napalm, so to speak.