User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2008, 06:21 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Owens & Minor

Anybody ever hear of this company? I visited thier website but it doesn't say much--I was thinking of submitting an application because several positions are opening near where I live & was just wondering what kind of shifts & pay they offer--The ad on Careerbuilder didn't say much...
Old 03-05-2008, 06:51 PM
Senior Board Member

http://safer.fmcsa.dot.gov/query.asp...NS%20&%20MINOR

is this the company?
Old 03-06-2008, 12:05 AM
Senior Board Member

I just delivered to them in Salt Lake City the other day. I'm not sure exactly what I had in the trailer but it was from Hospira so it was probably medical/health supplies. At this particular place the day shift leaves at 15:30 and then another shift comes in at 20:00. I arrived at the tail end of the first shift so I had to wait until 20:00 to get unloaded. It looked like their trucks are out distributing at various hours as one returned about 21:00 while I was getting unloaded. Other than that I don't know nothin'. 8) 8)
Old 03-07-2008, 01:54 AM
Senior Board Member

They have a place about 6 miles from me. I've looked into them. I turned away because they only start out at like $14.50/hr or something like that, all freight is driver unload, and by the way they talk, it seems like they want to be on the phone with you all day.
Delivering to hospitals pretty much sucks too.

Plus side is,
They probably arent going anywhere anytime soon.
May be a decent gig in the big picture if you can gain some seniority and maybe get some kind of dedicated run.
Around me, I think they're home everynight. No OTR drivers (I THINK).

Give the terminal manager a call. See what he says.

Adapt and overcome.
Old 03-07-2008, 06:39 PM
Rookie

I wouldn't mind the delivering to hospitals--Home everyday sounds good too. The account I'm on with SNI gets me home everyday-- Off Sunday & Monday--But I think I can do better than $14.50 an hour. SNI currently pay us salary & work our butts off. So no overtime. I tried contacting the terminal in Greensburg, PA (I assume that's the same one you looked at Jimbpard?) but they didn't sound too interested in giving me any information unless I submitted an application...They did talk alot though...
Old 03-08-2008, 02:12 AM
Senior Board Member

Brian, yeah thats the one I talked to. Didnt realize you were from Belle Vernon.
Are you one of the SNI guys that parks by the chinese food place in New Stanton? I've always wondered how anyone at SNI got a truly local run. Always assumed years of experience with them??
Anyway, do you have your hazmat/tanker?
There is Guttman Oil in Speers, PA. I heard they were hiring not too long ago and heard they pay well.
Also, have you ever checked out Sal-San (Hauling for Dicks sporting goods?) They are in Smithton. Also there is some kind of a mail run out of Smithton that is always in the paper, something like run to columbus and back. I think it pays somewhat good, but I remember you do have to take taxes out on your own. Oh, and Estes in in Eighty-Four, PA

Are you right off of I-70? Let me know where your at and how far your willing to travel (to work), and how much experience. I may be able to come up with more.

Adapt and overcome.
Old 03-08-2008, 04:55 PM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Oh, and Estes in in Eighty-Four, PA
And so is Pitt-Ohio and Old Dominion, all next to each other. There is also a Foodservice distributor across from Estes that does nothing but Wendy's, decent pay and THEY pay your family benifits(if they won't so far I would have stayed ). Also, Coyle in Eighty-Four. As for Guttman, they own Source-one also, starting pay is $15.25/HR and then tops at $16.10/hr hauling fuel to Get-Go stores and Pacific Prides.

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
Old 03-13-2008, 12:00 PM
Rookie

Jimbpard, those SNI trucks you saw near the Chinese place WERE for the GM autoparts account SNI had. They lost it back in January to a place called CMG Logistics. But it is also known as Choppers. Theu still have the Ford account--At least for another year--That's the account I'm on right now. I live right off I-70 in Belle Vernon, about 20 miles or so from the Pitt-Ohio, Estes terminals. I would love to get into Pitt-Ohio. But according to thier website, no job openings are available in this area. A sign of good driver retention? I thought of ECM as well but I hear they are a-holes to work for. Then again aren't they now owned by Pitt-Ohio? I don't know. But I wouls appreciate any info you could get for me!
Old 03-13-2008, 04:28 PM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian7492
Jimbpard, those SNI trucks you saw near the Chinese place WERE for the GM autoparts account SNI had. They lost it back in January to a place called CMG Logistics. But it is also known as Choppers. Theu still have the Ford account--At least for another year--That's the account I'm on right now. I live right off I-70 in Belle Vernon, about 20 miles or so from the Pitt-Ohio, Estes terminals. I would love to get into Pitt-Ohio. But according to thier website, no job openings are available in this area. A sign of good driver retention? I thought of ECM as well but I hear they are a-holes to work for. Then again aren't they now owned by Pitt-Ohio? I don't know. But I wouls appreciate any info you could get for me!
ECM and Pitt-Ohio are one in the same now. Can't remember who bought who though. The mind starts to go at my old age(33 ).

MY FACEBOOK PAGE