User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2008, 01:19 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Eyeballing Tyson Foods

I did a search on Tyson Foods but there isn't much recent. It looks like they take newbies and the starting pay is around $.36 if I remember correctly. Seems like a decent company to start with if one doesn't go flatbed instead. What about Ashley Furniture? I can't find much on them or on their website. Thanks.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:17 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default Re: Eyeballing Tyson Foods

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony1995
I did a search on Tyson Foods but there isn't much recent. It looks like they take newbies and the starting pay is around $.36 if I remember correctly. Seems like a decent company to start with if one doesn't go flatbed instead. What about Ashley Furniture? I can't find much on them or on their website. Thanks.
Meat-packing plants are horrendous for long wait times. .36 cpm is not good money for private-fleet pay...more like coolie-carrier wages...always see Tyson advertising with the rest of the coolies.

You should not turn the key to the right for anything less than .38 cpm starting and top-out after 1 year over .40 cpm. But you will see that 95% of OTR trucking pays squat and is best to be avoided...save for the drifters, hobos, ex-cons, and lifestyle apologists.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:45 AM
Senior Board Member

Will you please give it a rest..... it was old about two years ago and you still say the same old shit time after time.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:20 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumper
Will you please give it a rest..... it was old about two years ago and you still say the same old $&!+ time after time.
He is one of those people who either hates trucking, hates life, or can not understand that there are many areas of this nation where the wages offered by the trucking industry are far above, even with added expenses, that which is available locally, assuming there are local jobs to be had.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:36 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Eyeballing Tyson Foods

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdFrostyMug
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony1995
Meat-packing plants are horrendous for long wait times. .36 cpm is not good money for private-fleet pay...more like coolie-carrier wages...always see Tyson advertising with the rest of the coolies.

You should not turn the key to the right for anything less than .38 cpm starting and top-out after 1 year over .40 cpm. But you will see that 95% of OTR trucking pays squat and is best to be avoided...save for the drifters, hobos, ex-cons, and lifestyle apologists.
You forgot to add no habla ingles. :wink:
Old 02-19-2008, 01:16 PM
Board Regular
Default just what I was told

A buddy went to Tyson strait outta school. He was never home. Told to massage the logs. Told to drive in weather that nobody else was on the road thru. Push Push Push all the time. No detention pay and set thru a lot of weekends in the truck waiting. But hey, nice Volvo.
Old 02-19-2008, 01:45 PM
Board Regular

Seeing that your for Alabama if you went with Ashley you would run out of the Ecru, MS distribution center. From what I've heard from the Acardia, WI drivers is that the MS guys have been complaining because alot their freight is now being moved up to WI for those guys so their not getting alot of runs or miles. But that is just what I've heard.The Ecru guys only haul upholstery (Sofa, loveseats, recliners) which is better than the casegoods. If you have a chance to drive for them than do it because their pay and benefits are great.
Old 02-19-2008, 02:21 PM

Does Ashley have a website? I couldn't find anything with regard to their driver pay and info. Thanks.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:56 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungZ.W.
Seeing that your for Alabama if you went with Ashley you would run out of the Ecru, MS distribution center. From what I've heard from the Acardia, WI drivers is that the MS guys have been complaining because alot their freight is now being moved up to WI for those guys so their not getting alot of runs or miles. But that is just what I've heard.The Ecru guys only haul upholstery (Sofa, loveseats, recliners) which is better than the casegoods. If you have a chance to drive for them than do it because their pay and benefits are great.
The Ecru,Ms guys do haul Upholstery, but also haul a Lot of Case Goods. Case Goods are not produced there,but come in on Containers. They probably have 200 containers there at any given time. China, China and more China.