User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2008, 05:56 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Celadon not bad at all

Well, I arrived around 0530 Saturday. Called the dorm office for transport from the train station. The taxi service they use picked me up,very nice driver. When I got here a gentlemen by the name of Scott was working the desk. He was very helpful,great personality. The room is clean (thank God!) It is not cold, in fact a little on the warm side,but I can deal with it. Got the scoop on the very cold room previous new hires were complainung abot, they were working on a roof replacement,so some rooms were overly cold. The facility here is great. one of the best I think I have seen.The employees seem to be nice. I have not heard the usual complaining from drivers, which is refreshing. So far it looks like a great move for me.Will let everyone know how it goes. Stay safe out there.
Old 02-18-2008, 01:48 AM
Default Re: Celadon not bad at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by looneygirl
Well, I arrived around 0530 Saturday. Called the dorm office for transport from the train station. The taxi service they use picked me up,very nice driver. When I got here a gentlemen by the name of Scott was working the desk. He was very helpful,great personality. The room is clean (thank God!) It is not cold, in fact a little on the warm side,but I can deal with it. Got the scoop on the very cold room previous new hires were complainung abot, they were working on a roof replacement,so some rooms were overly cold. The facility here is great. one of the best I think I have seen.The employees seem to be nice. I have not heard the usual complaining from drivers, which is refreshing. So far it looks like a great move for me.Will let everyone know how it goes. Stay safe out there.
Well enjoy your stay and I hope you enjoy your new home with Celadon! Welcome aboard .

I do work there and I would normally do your orientation for logs, however I am taking Monday and Tuesday off! So tell me how my girl does when she teaches you on logs, Ok ? I need inside scoop l.o.l.

I hear it's going to be a big class , 68 approx some won't show. :cry:
Old 02-18-2008, 09:52 AM
Default Ok

Well good luck and hope it works out well. I drove for Celadon for 6 months before Crete for over 6 years now. They are good people and the HQ's was nice but I left because of all the sitting I did with them. And some of the out of the way places they made us sit was very bad. A couple of days was nothing to sit waiting on a load.

Of course that was many years ago and hopefully they have changed.
Old 02-18-2008, 05:21 PM

I went from Crete (not my choice to leave) to an Independent to Celadon before back to Crete. I left partially because I sat too much. I did find a lot of time to read, shop, see movies, visit with the other drivers, do laundry for free, shower and sleep. See it's not all bad.

Looney, Don't let us discourage you. We all need to find our own little niche. Celadon took me when I needed a company to prove my worth. If you are prepared to sit, maybe it will be like taking an umbrella in hopes that it won't rain. Good luck

I'm glad you found the dorms to be OK. The people at the 'window' will steer you right. They know about the shuttles. There is a Big Lot and a grocery store just 1 mile N of where you are if you need cleaning products when you get your truck. Lots of food choices 1 mile S.

Good luck
Old 02-18-2008, 09:11 PM
Rookie

welcome,I've been there almost 3 months now,and its not all that bad,I'm out of the Greensboro,NC terminal and we got a good bunch of people there,they seem to go the extra step to do all they can to help you,I do hate my 63 mph truck and the way its set up to get you back to 66 mph is almost impossible to get,the main thing I like is the week off and a thousand bucks every 30,000 miles,and if that doesn't fall in place as it should,then I can't see me sticking around for .34 cents a mile,so I'm looking at lease 10,000 miles a month, and I think I know now who cat 6869 is,nice people in the office,good luck to ya.
Old 02-19-2008, 01:56 AM
Default Ok

I remember they started that 1000 dollar after 30000 miles thing and people talked about it but when all is said and done it is only about 3 Cpm. That and the per mile they pay you usually means you can do way better by going to another company and make more money. Also I sat alot at Celadon and it would take longer to get to that magical 30,000 milestone. The people were nice there and all but niceness does not pay the meals.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:03 AM
Default Oh yeah

I just remembered after I left Celadon that I saw they put in to the Feds permission to hire I think 50 Mexican drivers saying that there was a shortage and could find no one to work. Was hoping someone at Celadon could answer something.

How did that work out? Did they ok it? If they did then how did the foreigners work out? Was it worth the extra effort? Was it worth the black eye that it brought the company in the many drivers out here? Thanks in advance for any info on these questions.
Old 02-22-2008, 08:56 PM
Rookie

Thanks everyone. Yes Cat, Your girl did fine. I am sick as a dog, alot of people in class got sick,two went to the hospital.Really bad bug going around starts as a cough then developes into an upper respritory infection. It was everthing I could do to stay in class, didn't know what to do. If I stayed everyone else would get sick.if I left I don't have a job. Then it occured to me, anyone who was gonna get sick was already contaminated.(takes 3 days for germs to come out and play) I got there on Sat a.m. and started getting sick Mon p.m. So the bug was here waitng for me, lovingly lol.Got my truck yesterday.detailers did an awesome job,it's a shame I am too sick to drive it. Thats ok, I'll be rolling thru the house soon. y'all be good!
Old 02-23-2008, 02:37 AM

How can you say Celadon "not bad at all" and you havent even worked for them yet. They all paint a great picture at orientation, but only the orientation folks are paid to orientate. Many companies have awasome orientation, and crappy jobs. Just ask the Werner, Swift, etc type crowds.

Celedon may be a great company, but trust me its way to early to tell, your still in the "honeymoon" stages
Old 02-23-2008, 03:11 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by looneygirl
Thanks everyone. Yes Cat, Your girl did fine. I am sick as a dog, alot of people in class got sick,two went to the hospital.Really bad bug going around starts as a cough then developes into an upper respritory infection. It was everthing I could do to stay in class, didn't know what to do. If I stayed everyone else would get sick.if I left I don't have a job. Then it occured to me, anyone who was gonna get sick was already contaminated.(takes 3 days for germs to come out and play) I got there on Sat a.m. and started getting sick Mon p.m. So the bug was here waitng for me, lovingly lol.Got my truck yesterday.detailers did an awesome job,it's a shame I am too sick to drive it. Thats ok, I'll be rolling thru the house soon. y'all be good!
That damn bug is still running around??? I caught it back in december..Evil terrible little critter...3 weeks to get well.