User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2008, 04:03 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default (( EXXON ))..............tanker...info....??

anyone have info on pay...and how much exp. they want....????

thanks............ 8)

I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much.
Mother Teresa

"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. CHESTERTON

"Qui non intelligit aut discat aut taceat"
Who does not understand should either learn, or be silent.
The Mark Levin Show
Old 02-15-2008, 03:47 PM
Senior Board Member

Exxon's pay is regional specific. West Coast(CA) pay is $28.35 plus shift differential right now. You could expect their East Coast wages to be close.

Your going to need to have 2 years experience hauling gasoline in a "Metro" area, plus have an impeckable driving record, work history and background check.

Find out which carriers are doing Exxon work in your area, and get hired on with one of them..preferably Exxon's dedicated carrier. Get your 2 years wuth them...make friends with the Exxon terminal personel and drivers, and keep in touch with the driver supervisor in each terminal that you load out of. You have to prove to them, that you are capable of handling the situations that occur at their facilities.

The same is also true of any of the other major's. BP, Hess, and Chevron all pay similar wages. BP requires prior experience, but Hess will train you from scratch is what I have heard. Marathon does as well, plus Marathon has a Chemical side that they hire for as well.

Sentinel Transportation handles ConocoPhillips fuel delivery's (NY, NJ, VA, NC,MD,& SC). Their wage structure is different from the others, but their east coast drivers are "Teamster", so that is one plus.
Old 02-15-2008, 06:47 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy
Exxon's pay is regional specific. West Coast(CA) pay is $28.35 plus shift differential right now. You could expect their East Coast wages to be close.

Your going to need to have 2 years experience hauling gasoline in a "Metro" area, plus have an impeckable driving record, work history and background check.

Find out which carriers are doing Exxon work in your area, and get hired on with one of them..preferably Exxon's dedicated carrier. Get your 2 years wuth them...make friends with the Exxon terminal personel and drivers, and keep in touch with the driver supervisor in each terminal that you load out of. You have to prove to them, that you are capable of handling the situations that occur at their facilities.

The same is also true of any of the other major's. BP, Hess, and Chevron all pay similar wages. BP requires prior experience, but Hess will train you from scratch is what I have heard. Marathon does as well, plus Marathon has a Chemical side that they hire for as well.

Sentinel Transportation handles ConocoPhillips fuel delivery's (NY, NJ, VA, NC,MD,& SC). Their wage structure is different from the others, but their east coast drivers are "Teamster", so that is one plus.
wow.....great info.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8) 8) 8)

i'll start checking around..............thanks Orangetxguy 8) 8)

I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much.
Mother Teresa

"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. CHESTERTON

"Qui non intelligit aut discat aut taceat"
Who does not understand should either learn, or be silent.
The Mark Levin Show