User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2008, 06:13 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Ahhh I see now, thanks for the explaination. I learn something new everyday.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:25 PM
Senior Board Member

by headborg
Quote:
....if anyone here believes-- She could have hit a solid concrete wall-- without wiping out either the right or left
headlight and edges of her front end.
i don't think she hit the wall at all either headborg. look at the damage. i can only see one little and i mean little evidence of concrete on the front bottom part of the bumper and it's not all the way across, like she hit it parallel and bounced back.

maybe she came so close, was scared sh*itless and thought she hit it. if she did hit the wall that whole plastic bumper and front nose would be laying on the road sucking up the rain.

maybe she's saying that to take the front end damage off of you?
Old 08-21-2008, 01:10 PM
Senior Board Member

If she had hit the center jerzy barrier, the bumber sticks out furthest on them boxes. My best friend passed the wifes "Box" down to their daughter last summer, when he gave the wife a new Camry for her B-day. Tough little outfit really...but I don't see damage to the lower section of the bumber..not enough of it in the pix.

If they are putting ya back into a truck, Heartland must be good with your report.

Time to saddle up there Borgie.

Get some miles behind you, and a rain storm or two.
Old 08-22-2008, 03:20 AM
Senior Board Member

Ok, back to the ol' boring-- business as usual.

Where were we?

Week#9 1516 miles when I emptied in Grand Prairie, Tx. At 8am?? last Thursday morning. I had given a 10 am PTA. And pulled over there behind the Refridgeration school, beside the Taco Bell there on Belt Line just north of the Quaker Remix. Nothing came--- then finally they shot me my assignment--- get another( unneeded 10 hour break) and be ready to run a hot Sears from Dallas to Houston- Picks up at midnight -- delivers 5am in Houston.

+ 12
+241
_______

1769 for Week#9 with some messed up- split home time-- still not totally bad considering what the home time added up to.

But of course, shifting my schedule and running a short "all nighter" really
wiped me out-- I'm getting old and warn down, can't do that stuff real easy anymore. The next load is the one that got wrecked in Alabama.

Houston, Tx - Orange, Tx- Oxford, NC

109 deadhead miles to shipper-- loaded at 1300. My 14 had started at Grand Prairie, Tx the Night before at 10:30pm.
So, as soon as I was empty 8am-- I ran to the Shipper- got loaded and had to log a break there.

this put me in a sort of pickle-- because my 10hr break would be up at 9pm( I arrived at Shipper/ started my break at 11am)---- and I didn't want to continue the ---- All night shift driving-- the load didn't deliver until Monday morning-- but Heartland wanted me to simply relay it to Atlanta by
1600 Saturday. The only way I could legally make it Atlanta by that time-- would have been another " all night" run starting at 9pm-- Then when I arrived at Atlanta-- it would be time for another break-- making it now Sunday Morning--- and I suspected, the most miles I would pick up on a short run out of Atlanta wouldn't or would only equal the 300+ I was giving up by not running the load all the way to final + plus much harder schedule. So, I asked them to just leave me on it to final. That way, I could shift back into a "Bankers" hours-- schedule.

Week#10( Accident Week)

109 ( Houston, Tx- Orange, Tx)
365 ( Orange, Tx- Chickasaw, AL)

accident
107 ( Charlotte, NC- Fletcher, NC)
196 ( Fletcher, NC- Atlanta, Ga)
33 ( Atlanta, Ga- Villa Rica, Ga)
285 ( Villa Rica, Ga- Clarksville, Tn)
63 ( Clarksville, Tn- Bowling Green, Ky) Pending
469 ( Bowling Green, Ky- Pageland, SC) Pending

1627 total -- If the Shipper loads fast and early in AM-- I can get it dropped at Walmart by midnight.

With a truck Wipeout in the middle of week.
Old 08-22-2008, 03:21 PM
Senior Board Member

Dammit Boy!!!

You almost sorta coulda been, jist about wuz, illegal in that accident!!!

OR...if you had left things the way Heartland had them planned out...you wouldn't have been there at all.....Maybe!!!

Keep up the good work!

Ummmmmm...stay off I-10 the next few days....looks like Fay is gonna be a pisser!!
Old 08-22-2008, 03:22 PM
Senior Board Member

Good to see you up and runnin' !!! I do understand what you mean about the seatbelts, they practically strangle me. I use a binder clip to adjust it so it's off my neck.

That some should be rich, shows that others may become rich, and, hence, is just encouragement to industry and enterprise.
Abraham Lincoln

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -Abraham Lincoln
Old 08-22-2008, 03:35 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelDarlin
Good to see you up and runnin' !!! I do understand what you mean about the seatbelts, they practically strangle me. I use a binder clip to adjust it so it's off my neck.

Good idea...THAT !!!
Old 08-22-2008, 03:59 PM
Senior Board Member

It works! I'm 5' 1", I ALWAYS have a problem with the shoulder harness in ANY vehicle. I've been using those things for years.

That some should be rich, shows that others may become rich, and, hence, is just encouragement to industry and enterprise.
Abraham Lincoln

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -Abraham Lincoln
Old 08-22-2008, 04:07 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
It works! I'm 5' 1", I ALWAYS have a problem with the shoulder harness in ANY vehicle. I've been using those things for years.
LOL...even if I put the seat on the floor, I don't have those problems...I'm 6 foot...and usually sit back and up...I like leg room, and seeing over the hood.
Old 08-22-2008, 04:29 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy
Quote:
LOL...even if I put the seat on the floor, I don't have those problems...I'm 6 foot...and usually sit back and up...I like leg room, and seeing over the hood.
Ha! Seeing over the hood is a challenge sometimes. If I put the seat too high I can't reach the pedals. :cry:

Abraham Lincoln