User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2008, 04:33 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Hrm, they ARE testing some new trucks to replace the Century's with...
Old 04-10-2008, 04:54 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmh
Hrm, they ARE testing some new trucks to replace the Century's with...
yeah, I hear they might go with a new model built by the Amish-- real horse powered.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:47 PM
Senior Board Member

In case you didn't know this, let me be the first one to tell you.

Twilight Flyer is the best damn recruiter Heartland has and I work for Crete Carrier/Shaffer Trucking.

If you are that unhappy with Shaffer and our company policies, instead of blasting them, get with your terminal manager and I am quite sure that we can take care of getting you home. Posting things like you have been doing doesn't do any good. If you are having problems with your miles, your terminal manager is there to help you. If they won't then get with J. R. and I quite sure that she would be able to help you.

Good luck.
Old 04-11-2008, 12:02 AM

Hey bluebeetle.....What if the terminal manager is just NOT available??? When Shaffer just used me as a local pickup and delivery driver between NJ and New Kingstown, back and forth, and paying OTR miles? I went from a helpless dispatcher to my Fleet manager only to get the attitude like: WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM? And asking for the terminal manager was always, not now, not today, not in and so on. And I just see that headborg is getting to the point were I was last year. After SOOO many lies you get SICK OF IT and you start talking about it. When headborg always talked NICE about Shaffer nobody complained. Now that he is at the point were he might be fed up with Shaffers treatment we HAVE A PROBLEM. He is at Shaffer long enough, dont you think he didnt TRY the ways you want him to try? I know for MYSELF he will only run into deaf ears in New Kingstown.
Old 04-11-2008, 04:00 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclehotte
Hey bluebeetle.....What if the terminal manager is just NOT available??? When Shaffer just used me as a local pickup and delivery driver between NJ and New Kingstown, back and forth, and paying OTR miles? I went from a helpless dispatcher to my Fleet manager only to get the attitude like: WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM? And asking for the terminal manager was always, not now, not today, not in and so on. And I just see that headborg is getting to the point were I was last year. After SOOO many lies you get SICK OF IT and you start talking about it. When headborg always talked NICE about Shaffer nobody complained. Now that he is at the point were he might be fed up with Shaffers treatment we HAVE A PROBLEM. He is at Shaffer long enough, dont you think he didnt TRY the ways you want him to try? I know for MYSELF he will only run into deaf ears in New Kingstown.
Well

(1) my former Fleet Manager -- was "ran off" because She Did
TRY to stand up for Her drivers-- her name was XXXXXXX... and although she wasn't perfect-- she did always TRY... she was ran off for "interfering" with operations.

(2) my new Fleet Manager- I have spoken with--- he talks a lot about what he could "try" to do....things he Might be able to do...but basically he just TALKS a lot and does nothing...he knows where the person he replaced made HER mistake...he's not gonna repeat it...
he's just there as a talking head...

(3) your information or mine is incorrect/outdated as I was just informed that J.R. is gone too- no longer a employee of Shaffer( former head of Fleet Managers).... in fact since Fuel is now been transfered to Company FU Fuel department....I don't see that very much is left for Fleet Managers to manage( besides my Hometime) soo I'm betting that Job will soon be "downsized" as well.
Old 04-11-2008, 04:23 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeetle
In case you didn't know this, let me be the first one to tell you.

Twilight Flyer is the best damn recruiter (that your Next Employer) has and I work for Company FU/Company X.

If you are that unhappy with Company X and our company policies, instead of blasting them, get with your terminal manager and I am quite sure that we can take care of getting you home. Posting things like you have been doing doesn't do any good. If you are having problems with your miles, your terminal manager is there to help you. If they won't then get with J. R. and I quite sure that she would be able to help you.

Good luck.
You're right.. since no one at Company X Management iwants to listening or Give a :dung: about what their drivers are upset about(like new pet policy)...you're right it doesn't do any good......but it sure makes me feel better! Sorry, it makes your job a "hard sell"(if you're a Recruiter) but, unclehotte has a good point...when I was "cheerleading" for the hometeam--- nobody was Buying-

as for Twilight Flyer being the best damn recruiter Heartland has....I don't know-- didn't have anyone admit to that name there the other day( I did ask! and they have a pretty good deal(at first glance)--and at least they have a better haz-mat policy- .01cent less without....

now why couldn't Crete/Shaffer offer a compromise policy like that--

grandfather those Shaffer drivers(already employed here) at a .01 reduction in pay-- until they get their haz-mat on their own terms( like in 2010 when My current CDL expires).

You guys don't have a non stealing policy do you?
We're traded like playing cards right?

The sad thing is.... Shaffer is a really good company...and have really good points...if only their policies and operation could have been left alone. I understand, the merging of the two offices to Lincoln made good business sense. But why, why does every aspect of their OPERATION have to be torn apart-- remodeled to be carbon copy of Crete.
Old 04-11-2008, 12:38 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Quote:
as for Twilight Flyer being the best damn recruiter Heartland
I wouldn't go that far. :lol: I recruit for Heartland and I like the company I work for. But I don't sugarcoat anything...I've always told it like it is and never been about planting a butt in a truck just to get another notch in my utility belt.

Anyway, if you've got any questions, just call and ask for Michael. I'll see what I can do to help you out.

Regarding Crete/Shaffer...never worked for them myself. But they're up their with the more stable companies and Bill has always been a straight shooter, too. It's too bad what happened...but even the better companies get things discombobulated at times.

Old 04-11-2008, 07:25 PM
Board Regular

BlueBeetle is Bill? I talked to him two or three times while here at orientation. I thought about asking him if he's on CDL A.
Old 04-12-2008, 02:44 AM
Senior Board Member

Trying to find a happy Shaffer driver these days is like trying to find diamonds in a coal mine. It just ain't easy. Talked to a driver who has been with company over 15 years and over the last year or so has been averaging 1800 miles/week. He sits while rookies making 10-15 cpm less than he does get all the miles. He also said that trying to get home is becoming harder and harder. Sad thing is his story is not the exception, its the rule.

All bluebeetle can say is " if you don't like it go somewhere else."
Nice. Everybody at Crete knows that the terminal managers are nothing more than parrots. Constantly repeating company policy and completely unwilling to go out on a limb for a driver regardless of circumstances.

As long as I keep getting the miles I'll stay, but I feel absolutely no loyalty to the company anymore. Sad, really sad.

Are you willing to die to take them away from me?
Old 04-12-2008, 04:05 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnajj
Trying to find a happy Shaffer driver these days is like trying to find diamonds in a coal mine. It just ain't easy. Talked to a driver who has been with company over 15 years and over the last year or so has been averaging 1800 miles/week. He sits while rookies making 10-15 cpm less than he does get all the miles. He also said that trying to get home is becoming harder and harder. Sad thing is his story is not the exception, its the rule.

All bluebeetle can say is " if you don't like it go somewhere else."
Nice. Everybody at Crete knows that the terminal managers are nothing more than parrots. Constantly repeating company policy and completely unwilling to go out on a limb for a driver regardless of circumstances.

As long as I keep getting the miles I'll stay, but I feel absolutely no loyalty to the company anymore. Sad, really sad.
after a statement like that-- guess it's a good thing you maintain you Anonomous status--job security in question and all.

If hometime is a exception-- then I must be an exception there too--- getting me home has been a very STRONG POSITIVE the last 3 years here at Shaffer. No, this is why I would like to leave the company on as good terms as possible. This is one company that I'd like to leave the bridge intact behind me.

the pay-per-mile is excellent
driver friendly freight
excellent length of haul( up until recently)

load select(non-forced dispatch) YES I have turned down loads- felt I had to as no one else is giving a rats ass about my weekly productivity

hometime--- sure I stay out 3 weeks at a time (old school OTR) sometimes
4 weeks. Maybe all the newbies want home every week & lots of miles & long trips<---- news flash YOU CAN'T HAVE IT ALL. Therefore, they say HOMETIME at Shaffer stinks.( maybe they are asking too much?)

P.s. I thought Parrots liked going out on limbs? No?

I don't need anyone to go out on any limbs for me...I can and have taken care of myself & family-- and will continue--