User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2008, 04:13 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default barr nunn

Regarding Jagerbombers reply, I tried working with them. I ran over on my hours in order to get there load delivered on time but they never seemed to appreciate it. I'm not new to this trucking thing, been out here 20+ years, so I think I have a small clue as to how to get along with companies. When I fell hurt myself, I reported it as per company policy. I received a call from Aimee in safety the next day<coulda' been in hospital or morgue by then> Very 1st question she ask me was not 'Are you o.k.?.......Do you need to go to dr.?'.etc. It was 'Got your message yesterday, what kinda boots were you wearing at the time of the fall, cowboy boots'? When I informed her I only wear Red Wing rubber sole boots she simply said o.k. Maybe Jagerbomber can tell me why, after being out 42 days, and 62 miles from home I was told I had to go to Columbus Ohio, pick up a load on the north side and deliver it to the west side, even though I was scheduled home the day before, or why dont they pay for showers even though they wont hesitate to lay you over for 3 or 4 days at a time at a place they dont fuel? I think Jagerbomber is one of the 'chosen' Barr Nunn drivers. That being one of their few that gets what they want and heck with the rest. Just a few more items for thought. Why do they allow a once a week advance of $50 for road drivers? Why do they say 'open door policy' but Jay Shiek wont return calls? Why only $5000 life insurance with no opportunity to purchase more? Why dont they offer disability insurance? Why make a driver pay a $70 fine for a chafed airline or they will report him to D.A.C and threaten to turn it over to a collection bureau? Keep up the good work Jagerbomber, I'm content with my new company.
Old 01-27-2008, 06:19 AM

Just check my older posts regarding Barr-Nunn. It sounds like things haven't changed there in the year and a half since I left them.
Old 01-27-2008, 04:07 PM

Hey, does anyone know if Barr-Nunn is still sponsoring a race car? I know when I worked for them, they gave away free race weekends to drivers based on performance. I also noted that the same 5 or 6 drivers got to go to the races in what appeared to be a "rotating" schedule. I never could figure out how a driver could spend 3 or 4 days at a race track going to various sponsor's functions and all the other fun places, and then within the same month be the driver with the highest miles, while I stayed out the whole time they were at the race tracks.......... THAT never did sit very well with me.
Old 01-28-2008, 05:26 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default Re: barr nunn

Quote:
Originally Posted by landmine
I think Jagerbomber is one of the 'chosen' Barr Nunn drivers. That being one of their few that gets what they want and heck with the rest. Just a few more items for thought. Why do they allow a once a week advance of $50 for road drivers? Why do they say 'open door policy' but Jay Shiek wont return calls? Why only $5000 life insurance with no opportunity to purchase more? Why dont they offer disability insurance? Why make a driver pay a $70 fine for a chafed airline or they will report him to D.A.C and threaten to turn it over to a collection bureau? Keep up the good work Jagerbomber, I'm content with my new company.

One of the chosen few....hardly. This always seems to be the case when someone does good at a company, he is a "chosen one ass kissing company man" Actually I left the company for a while for my own reasons letting go of any seniority I had at all then coming back and starting back off att the bottom of the ladder and still making out ok. I hardly think I qualify as a chosen one. I just work hard and get stuff done, i earn what I get....sometimes i have bad weeks but that happens, and not very often.
As for fussing about only being given the option for a $50 a week cash advance....well you do get a pay check every week. If you are going from week to every single week relying on that $50 advance even though you get a direct deposit paycheck in your bank account every single friday then you have financial issues of your own that just are not the companies responsibility.
Now for the $70 fine they made you pay....well thats called pre trip and post trip inspections. You get a jacked up airline and dont bother to call in and get it fixed and roll down the road until you get a fine do you really expect them to pay it? No company is going to pay fines like that for you, any company out there is going to tell you its not their problem, you should have found it. Just another example of people making things harder on themselves. If i leave out tomorrow morning and run across a scale and get fined for anything, I really cant think of one single thing i could do to turn it around on barr nunn. If its a log book violation, its my fault. They aint paying. Over weight when i could have charged a scale to their account and found out, my fault. they aint paying. Something is messed up on the truck when i leave out in the morning and I dont pre trip and find it or call it in when i find out and get fined for it, my fault. They aint paying. They are not going to pick up the tab on your fines when they make it very very easy to call in and get stuff fixed.
Old 01-30-2008, 03:49 AM

In response to Jagerbomber's post, I did forget to mention that even though the trucks go 66 mph, they don't want you logging over 63 mph, hence the 693 miles max per 11 hours.

Not everybody has the same experiences at a company. When a company seems bad to you or you have had problems with it, post it. When you have good experiences with a company, post that also. A person's experience at a company is also influenced by the dispatcher. You have a good dispatcher, you are less likely to have problems or short miles. You have a bad dispatcher, you are more likely to have some problems or short miles.

As far as having bad luck or being difficult for the companies to work with. I run whatever loads they give to me, I am on time for pick up and delivery. I run over my hours if needed or shorten my breaks if needed. I do everything possible to get the load to where it is going on time. I am not calling and complaining about loads or lack of loads. I might mention every now and then that I need more miles, but not enough to be a pest.

And they are telling us in orientation to put out the money for the part, call the shop for a PO number to put on the receipt and scan it in with the load we were on at the time we bought the part. They used to provide a spare headlight to the driver, but I was told that they were being broken too often or just came up missing, so they stopped doing that.

As I said in my post, I have not had problems getting my layover pay. Maybe the other driver did, but I didn't. I came on the checks it was supposed to come on.

On to a piece of good news about Barr-Nunn though. This week was over 3600 miles due to one load starting in one pay period and delivering in this period. This was a very good change of pace. Hopefully this means the miles are going to be picking up for me. I don't need Jagerbomber's 2700 miles per week, but 2400-2500 would be nice.
Old 02-03-2008, 12:18 AM
Rookie
Default barr nunn

Regarding Jagerbombers most recent post, i must say'DEAD WRONG' again. I picked up a loaded trailer in Browns Ferry N.c. with 44000 on it and a flat tire. Chris in the shop told me to take it to the nearest truckstop and get it fixed. When I told him I wasnt comfortable doing that with the amount of weight, he told me barr nunn doesnt pay service calls. I spoke to safety who told me the same thing. Also, approx. 4 months ago I received a $50 fine for a torn mudflap on a trailer I just pick up. My new company paid the fine, no questions ask. Please Jagerbomber, dont lump your 3rd rate, no class company with my 1st rate, all class company
Old 02-03-2008, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Regarding Jagerbombers most recent post, i must say'DEAD WRONG' again. I picked up a loaded trailer in Browns Ferry N.c. with 44000 on it and a flat tire. Chris in the shop told me to take it to the nearest truckstop and get it fixed. When I told him I wasnt comfortable doing that with the amount of weight, he told me barr nunn doesnt pay service calls. I spoke to safety who told me the same thing. Also, approx. 4 months ago I received a $50 fine for a torn mudflap on a trailer I just pick up. My new company paid the fine, no questions ask. Please Jagerbomber, dont lump your 3rd rate, no class company with my 1st rate, all class company
Regarding Landmines latests post i just call bullcrap alltogether. I have had a couple of service calls with Barr Nunn....Yeah. They were paid for by the company. Again....you got a fine on a mudflap you knew was torn instead of stopping and getting it fixed or calling it in. Just another example of you making things harder on yourself. It only takes a few times of sitting at the counter section at any truckstop diner to figure out how to spot truckers like yourself that have 1000 horrible stories of how things went wrong for you out on the road with none of it ever being your own fault and the company screwed you. Your posts make you sound like any of 100 drivers i have heard talking in truck stops while 10 other drivers looked at them like they were crazy in the middle of their stories. Is Barr Nunn perfect? No. I had a rough week this last week out. Good company? Yes. Does the maintenance department tell any of this stuff that you bring up to their drivers? No. Just face it...these are things that you have made harder on yourself and you refuse to recognize it and blame it on the company with a crazy story. Whats the guy on Mythbusters say? "I reject your reality and substitute my own." I think alot of that is going on with your stories. They absolutley pay for service calls on the road and you absolutely got these fines own your own because you didnt go about getting them taken care of like you should. Please tell a story that can be believed and then I will consideryour complaints. Things might be difficult on some days but they are always harder if you dont do stuff the way it should be done. So again...to your latest post...i say dead wrong again.
Old 02-08-2008, 08:10 PM
Board Regular
Default Ohio Regional

Barr-Nunn called me today about a job doing Ohio Regional. Anyone familiar?
"He knew who I was, at that time, because I had a reputation as a writer. I knew he was part of the Bush dynasty. But he was nothing, he offered nothing, and he promised nothing. He had no humor. He was insignificant in every way and consequently I didn't pay much attention to him. But when he passed out in my bathtub, then I noticed him. I'd been in another room, talking to the bright people. I had to have him taken away." -on meeting George W Bush at Thompson's Super Bowl party in Houston in 1974

Buy the ticket. Take the ride.
Old 02-08-2008, 08:56 PM
Default Re: Ohio Regional

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbadriver
Barr-Nunn called me today about a job doing Ohio Regional. Anyone familiar?

I can say that OHIO regional is where a significant amount of their freight is at. I havent talked to alot of other drivers that are running that region but i should think their freight in that area is fairly steady since they have quite a few accounts in that region. Just a tip though....unless you are planning on going home every week...I would go OTR with them if you decide to work there. Its more pay on the mile and better miles as well.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:13 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
I picked up a loaded trailer in Browns Ferry N.c. with 44000 on it and a flat tire. Chris in the shop told me to take it to the nearest truckstop and get it fixed. When I told him I wasnt comfortable doing that with the amount of weight, he told me barr nunn doesnt pay service calls.
How many times have you drive all day, stop for fuel, give the tires a kick, and found a flat inner tandem? Heck I would have driven to the next stop before I even called it in. It's a lot quicker to get a tire repaired at a shop instead of some dropyard. Did you ever hear of redundancy?
"He knew who I was, at that time, because I had a reputation as a writer. I knew he was part of the Bush dynasty. But he was nothing, he offered nothing, and he promised nothing. He had no humor. He was insignificant in every way and consequently I didn't pay much attention to him. But when he passed out in my bathtub, then I noticed him. I'd been in another room, talking to the bright people. I had to have him taken away." -on meeting George W Bush at Thompson's Super Bowl party in Houston in 1974

Buy the ticket. Take the ride.