View Poll Results: US Express - Is this a good company to work for?
Yes 5 50.00%
No 5 50.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2004, 05:00 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default How is US Express?

I am interested in driving solo for US Express. Is this a good company?
Old 05-02-2004, 10:38 PM
Rookie

Alot of people I know have left the company as well as myself.

Low miles for company drivers and owner opps. Leaving you sit in california for 2 days, saying freight is low, when actually what they have done is thrown all their freight on the railroad, leaving none left for the drivers.

By chance if you happen to get a decent run, you have to ignore your satcom for fear of them jerking the load off of you after a couple hundred miles to give it to one of their buddies.

Qick summary of a usxpress Company OTR solo driver: If there happens to not be a team, owner opp, or Railyard close to you then you will run OTR. If there is, then you will be a regional runner for what ever area you happen to be in at the time.

Average haul length for a solo is 500 miles. If you are a runner and like miles, you might be a bit dissapointed.

It's really sad because it use to be a good company.

"Beware of the driver (company) liason"
Old 08-19-2004, 11:51 AM
Senior Board Member
Default US Express plusses and minuses?

I am planning to attend US Express's training academy within the next month in Medway Ohio. I would like to know as well what opportunities there are out there for my with US Express. I live in the northeast. Is there decent work for otr on the east? :idea: :!: See you on the big road. :asta:
Old 08-20-2004, 09:14 PM

I posted this answer on another thread, but felt it should be posted here as well.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Being as I'm still a wannabe here, I have no direct opinion. However I can read news sites and draw some inferences as to which company seems to be making money hand over fist. And which companys are investing in their equipment & people!!

Here's the link, you decide: http://www.truckinginfo.com/news/new...s_section_id=7

There's only one company I saw listed here that both invested in a 4 yr contract with a major air ride suspension group & turned around in the same quarter and offered 5K sign-on bonuses! Give up? US-Xpress (go figure)

- Fred