User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2008, 05:39 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default USF Glen Moore + or - ?

Anything good or bad to say about this company? I know they have LTL divisions as well. I'm supposed to enter orientation with 6-10 weeks on the road training and then work the Northeast region. Would love to hear any feedback.
Old 01-12-2008, 05:48 PM
Senior Board Member

They are an OTR outfit. Even though they have the USF name they are totally different companies. USF Holland and Reddway are their LTL divisions. They are union shops and really hard to get hired on with no experience.

I talked to a recruiter of theirs after I graduated. They want you out a minimum of 10 days. Training pay is $500/week which is better than most companies out there.

They have very high turnover rate which is typical of OTR carriers. They advertise constantly on Sirius satellite radio.
Old 01-12-2008, 05:56 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Better toss that dart again, driver. Throw it a second and third time if need be.
Old 01-12-2008, 06:04 PM
Senior Board Member

Reddragon,

Not sure what hub you would be working out of but I hear they are all union except the Pasco,WA one. I have a friend who works for them and loves them. He is home everynight and they have awesome benefits. Be prepared for doubles, triples and chaining because they are all weather loads. I also heard they were hiring due to some new contract they got out of CA.

Thats all I know best of luck.

I think they are a quailty company but their equipment looks old.

TW
Old 01-12-2008, 06:08 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trukrswyfe
Reddragon,

Not sure what hub you would be working out of but I hear they are all union except the Pasco,WA one. I have a friend who works for them and loves them. He is home everynight and they have awesome benefits. Be prepared for doubles, triples and chaining because they are all weather loads. I also heard they were hiring due to some new contract they got out of CA.

TW
Glen Moore does not haul doubles or triples and in no way is affiliated with Holland or Reddway. Your friend must work for Reddway. Glen Moore is not unionized. Glen Moore is just another OTR outfit.
Old 01-12-2008, 06:13 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts Fan
Quote:
Reddragon,

TW
Glen Moore does not haul doubles or triples and in no way is affiliated with Holland or Reddway. Your friend must work for Reddway. Glen Moore is not unionized. Glen Moore is just another OTR outfit.
Your right Reddway
Old 01-12-2008, 08:15 PM
Rookie

Thanks for the feedback Colts Fan.

Not sure I'm happy with the 10 days out but what are you going to do? that's the business unless you are fortunate to get in with an LTL right off the bat. Curious to know if working for Glen Moore earns any brownie points toward getting in with the LTL's (Reddway, Holland). By the way Harrison is from this area- a real class act. If my kids ever get to be good at football I would want them to model after him. Class act for a coach too.
Old 01-13-2008, 12:00 AM
Board Regular

Your Wrong. They are all under the YRC umbrella which includes - Yellow Transportation, Roadway, Reimer Express, USF, New Penn and YRC Logistics.

I didn't like that you are forced to take per diem pay.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts Fan
Quote:
Reddragon,

TW
Your right Reddway
"He knew who I was, at that time, because I had a reputation as a writer. I knew he was part of the Bush dynasty. But he was nothing, he offered nothing, and he promised nothing. He had no humor. He was insignificant in every way and consequently I didn't pay much attention to him. But when he passed out in my bathtub, then I noticed him. I'd been in another room, talking to the bright people. I had to have him taken away." -on meeting George W Bush at Thompson's Super Bowl party in Houston in 1974

Buy the ticket. Take the ride.