User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2007, 05:03 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Hey, headborg

Just because a person has a felony , does not make them a thief . The non felons which comprise most of the trucking industry steal a lot of stuff.
Based on reports from the Interstate Commerce Commission (ICC), the Civil Aeronautics Board (CAB), the Federal Maritime Commission (FMC), and Quarterly Freight Loss and Damage submissions by major regulated motor carriers and railroads, OTS estimated that 1977 losses experienced as a result of cargo theft amounted to approximately $1 billion.2 (When adjusted for inflation, the GAO figure equals approximately $1.8 billion in 1997 dollars.) According to OTS data, direct costs by mode were estimated as follows:

* Motor Carriers: $870 million
* Maritime: $80 million
* Rail: $41 million
* Air: $7 million
* Other: $2 million (See Figure 5) 3

Now non felon, who is the thief ?
Old 12-15-2007, 05:12 PM
Rookie
Default Too bad there is not a company out there that helps people

It would be nice if a person such as myself could actually get a trucking job. Industry could not care less what kind of person you are or how you came to get a felony. They just say **** you .
I am honest, hard working and a good person.
I got a felony 29 years ago and pay for it everyday. I did nothing wrong . Protected myself from an attacker. The wrong attacker. Police captains nephew. Like the DA said " If you tell me something someone did , I will let you go . Otherwise you are going to prison"
That is the way it works. Well I went to prison.
This from Kansas. A state that had no self defense laws until this year. Up to then all they had was justifiable homicide . 1- 2 years and a felony record.
Or in my case manslaughter. I guess I should have let the asshole kill me so I would have a clean record.
Old 12-15-2007, 07:24 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coalregion
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's

Well it turns out I was offended , But did not realize it until it was pointed out I should be offended by the Avatar , And now I'm on the pipe , And have my Girl friend doing 3 ways ,and working the Denver T/A ...Oh well got to go and cook me and the girl up some ready rock before I bring her to the T/A to start her shift ... :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol: (Make sure you run with scissors and roll a few Girl Scouts for their cookie money on the way!) :lol: :lol:

Rolled them ,and put them to work asking for GAS money .
Old 12-15-2007, 08:05 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Hey, headborg

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazman
Just because a person has a felony , does not make them a thief . The non felons which comprise most of the trucking industry steal a lot of stuff.
Based on reports from the Interstate Commerce Commission (ICC), the Civil Aeronautics Board (CAB), the Federal Maritime Commission (FMC), and Quarterly Freight Loss and Damage submissions by major regulated motor carriers and railroads, OTS estimated that 1977 losses experienced as a result of cargo theft amounted to approximately $1 billion.2 (When adjusted for inflation, the GAO figure equals approximately $1.8 billion in 1997 dollars.) According to OTS data, direct costs by mode were estimated as follows:

* Motor Carriers: $870 million
* Maritime: $80 million
* Rail: $41 million
* Air: $7 million
* Other: $2 million (See Figure 5) 3

Now non felon, who is the thief ?
Well, where as I praise your use of actual statistical data--facts are alway nice & referencing where you found them a big plus; your argument has the following flaw:

There is already a large number of ex-felons (ex-cons) currently driving for Motor Carriers across the country.

So....some of that $870 million in OS&D could be due to these ex-cons.
Unless you have data which breaks down that figure---
into losses by non-felons--unaccounted cargo shortage for "seal not intact" shortage
same for ex-cons --unaccounted for "seal not intact" shortage

and how much of that cargo thief didn't involve the driver at all?

example: how many non-felons reported their tractor-trailer Stolen?
verses ex-con drivers reporting their tractor-trailer stolen?

Crete carrier corporation reports at least 1 trailer lost or stolen per week---that would also be part of that $870 million.

It is true---judging someone as a thief just because they are a felon is wrong..
they just might be a good hearted honest child molester .
or a wife beater
a drug user
a rapist

but, they all seem to be entitled to a second chance according to the law & society----except there's proof that some of those crimes can't be rehabed-and they will offend again.
Old 12-15-2007, 08:15 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Too bad there is not a company out there that helps peop

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazman
It would be nice if a person such as myself could actually get a trucking job. Industry could not care less what kind of person you are or how you came to get a felony. They just say **** you .
I am honest, hard working and a good person.
I got a felony 29 years ago and pay for it everyday. I did nothing wrong . Protected myself from an attacker. The wrong attacker. Police captains nephew. Like the DA said " If you tell me something someone did , I will let you go . Otherwise you are going to prison"
That is the way it works. Well I went to prison.
This from Kansas. A state that had no self defense laws until this year. Up to then all they had was justifiable homicide . 1- 2 years and a felony record.
Or in my case manslaughter. I guess I should have let the asshole kill me so I would have a clean record.
I'm sorry for you there---it's true our society is going to hell--only the rich can afford good legal defense--the poor end up in prison.
I do know there are probably many people rotting in prison right now
unjustly.

But, records are records....I told my son his grades in high school would follow him--and either allow him opportunity or hurt him----track records...
are track records....In his case, they suggest he's not commited to studying.

You shouldn't have that much trouble getting a driving job---
unless you have a record of possession with intent to deliver--or trafficing drugs.....they tend to not want to give you the means to commit those crimes.
Old 12-15-2007, 08:25 PM
Rookie
Default sure some will offend again and some are thieves

Well some are obviously thieves. I was pointing out the fact that the majority of truckers and related employees are not felons. This would lead to the conclusion that more thefts are from non felons. Maybe not.
However all felons are not thieves or rapist or whatever. Some are habitual traffic offenders. You know the kind, no insurance on that moped too many times. real bad people they are.
Yes as far as the scum bags go , they will most likely do it again. I think giving a child raper or such a second chance is a no go . They do not need another chance to do it.
Others deserve another chance.
I should not have to deserve another chance as all I did was protect myself from some drunk sidewalk commando that thought he could beat some little guy half his size , to death. did not work out for him.