User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2007, 10:42 PM
Board Regular
Location: NOT TELLING....but it is in the same state that the Ohio State Buckeyes play!!
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Has anyone dealt with "ProDrivers" staffing compa

Any good or bad experiences??
Old 12-07-2007, 10:51 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Has anyone dealt with "ProDrivers" staffing c

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiomohawk
Any good or bad experiences??

Well I did here in Colorado And Applied to ProDrivers based on their adds for Class-A drivers in Denver Colorado...The Add was for A job starting out at $15.00 Hr as a temp driver for 60-90 days then going permanant for $20.00HR...Well I got hired then was told to call in to see if there was work ...I asked what about the positions that were advertised for temp-hire ...We're fresh out...I was told , So I got to call in Thursday ,Friday all day hoping to get work ...NONE...So I had to wait until monday and start calling in again...NOTHING , So I went back to Werner , As the hiring process took 2.5 weeks so I did not have the option to keep hoping to work....However going back to werner turned out to be a bigger mistake than had I just stayed home waiting for work .
Old 12-08-2007, 12:29 AM
Board Regular

I tried prodrivers here in Salt lake city and got 50/50 results. They never had the job available that they advertised in the paper, but would always have something else that did,nt pay as much.

However here at least they only offer permenant work or at least work that will last a few weeks and the minimum wage is at 13 per hour. Not alot I know, but there are A$$ cracks that require 2 years experience and pay you 10 an hour here. Don't know how they can fill their trucks.

Anyway Prodrivers did treat me very professionally, just never had the jobs I was interested in.
Old 12-08-2007, 12:32 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scythe08
I tried prodrivers here in Salt lake city and got 50/50 results. They never had the job available that they advertised in the paper, but would always have something else that did,nt pay as much.

However here at least they only offer permenant work or at least work that will last a few weeks and the minimum wage is at 13 per hour. Not alot I know, but there are A$$ cracks that require 2 years experience and pay you 10 an hour here. Don't know how they can fill their trucks.

Anyway Prodrivers did treat me very professionally, just never had the jobs I was interested in.

Basicly the same here the jobs advertised in the Denver Post don't seem exist when you get hired ? .
Old 12-08-2007, 01:40 PM
Senior Board Member

The classic bait and switch...anyone offering a temp position with possibility of getting hired on full time will tend to prefer to keep his staff as temps. check with drivers that work for the company and see how many full-timers they actually have...
Old 12-08-2007, 02:00 PM
Senior Board Member

It's been my experience with this company that they are mainly for the dregs and rejects from other trucking companies. MOST of their drivers CAN NOT GET HIRED by "real" trucking companies! If they COULD work for full time companies, they would be! We had three drivers come down to work, one failed to ever show up... one failed the drug test, and the other guy worked once, tore up some equipment and then disappeared. They are also horribly expensive for what you get.
Old 12-08-2007, 05:47 PM
Rookie

What city are you in in OHIO. I may seek a little work out there my self while flipping a house i bought on auction. Ive worked for Prodrivers for over two an a half years now. and will keep on working for them. But work in general depends on what part of the country you live in. I live up in the midwest. Minneapolis, MN :roll: WORK O PLENTY . will get back with more info later.
Old 12-08-2007, 07:11 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy
It's been my experience with this company that they are mainly for the dregs and rejects from other trucking companies. MOST of their drivers CAN NOT GET HIRED by "real" trucking companies! If they COULD work for full time companies, they would be! We had three drivers come down to work, one failed to ever show up... one failed the drug test, and the other guy worked once, tore up some equipment and then disappeared. They are also horribly expensive for what you get.

I don't know about the hiring critera , Because I was subject to the same hiring practices that I would be for any other company , and had to have a good DMV, DAC, And working history to be hired there...Now The problem I had with them was they advertised for full time temp-hire positions paying 15 HR while temp , And then it took 2.5 wks to finalize my hiring after initial interview only to find out they did not have the work they advertised ,and I would be calling in on a daily basis to ...HOPE...for work...Well after about a week of calling and hoping I decided to go elsewhere . Which if that's what they advertised for jobs that's what I would have expected , But they advertised full time tem-hire positions not call in by the day ,and work only if they have jobs available that day .
Old 12-08-2007, 07:25 PM
Senior Board Member

I think the term is : " Bait and Switch".