User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2007, 01:05 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibcheese
o.k. thanks. i appreciate your help. I think i will go back to crete though after 1st of year. I really do like crete. I felt very comfortable there. They said they will re-hire me. they have a regional run that i will get home most week ends. thats really all i'm looking for right now, due to family situation with kids.Barr-nun is very tempting though being terminal is right up the street. not sure if i would be cut out for all N.E. regional all the time now that i thought about it. thanks..............
So trucking won out over the family?
Old 12-09-2007, 02:23 PM

Thanks for everyones info. No clay51 trucking didn't win over what family i have left. I asked both kids daughter 18, and boy 15, if they would mind if i try to go back to a trucking job that i can get home most weekends at least sometime on saturdays being that i have been doing construction since 1982 and am just plain tired of the enviroment. Plus daughter just went through Marine boot camp at Paris Island and is now a Marine, so she is on her own for the most part, and the boy doesn't mind. He likes coming along over the summer at times. Been divorced since 2002 and other than making sure kids are ok. there is not much for me here to do. I'm just looking for something with a little pazazz and not so physically demanding. since i drove last, and then went back to construction and had time to reflect on the pros and cons of each job, I realized I like waking up in the mornings and not having to drive a car for 1 hour until i get to a jobsite, and then climbing ladders and walking on concrete floors all day, or playing in the mud sweating all summer long and listening to everyone complain about each other..Don't think there is anything so bad about that. Just looking to go back to this job and enjoy it the best i can until I retire. It does get a little lonely out driving at times and the nights are the worst for me, but all in all not a bad job if at a decent company. Thats my thoughts on it.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:49 PM
Board Regular

New England isn't bad. Especially if you are not in a hurry and don't care about the miles (salaried). I was just a tad west of the hiring line. If the Ohio Regional had a salary option I woould have went to barr-nunn.

There is a guy down the road from me that has been with barr-nunn for at least 15-years. His truck is parked EVERY FRIDAY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibcheese
Thanks for everyones info. No clay51 trucking didn't win over what family i have left. I asked both kids daughter 18, and boy 15, if they would mind if i try to go back to a trucking job that i can get home most weekends at least sometime on saturdays being that i have been doing construction since 1982 and am just plain tired of the enviroment. Plus daughter just went through Marine boot camp at Paris Island and is now a Marine, so she is on her own for the most part, and the boy doesn't mind. He likes coming along over the summer at times. Been divorced since 2002 and other than making sure kids are ok. there is not much for me here to do. I'm just looking for something with a little pazazz and not so physically demanding. since i drove last, and then went back to construction and had time to reflect on the pros and cons of each job, I realized I like waking up in the mornings and not having to drive a car for 1 hour until i get to a jobsite, and then climbing ladders and walking on concrete floors all day, or playing in the mud sweating all summer long and listening to everyone complain about each other..Don't think there is anything so bad about that. Just looking to go back to this job and enjoy it the best i can until I retire. It does get a little lonely out driving at times and the nights are the worst for me, but all in all not a bad job if at a decent company. Thats my thoughts on it.