User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2007, 10:27 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

i worked for crete for 2 months and got a brand new freightliner. 2 months after being released from my trainer............. figure that one out!!!
Old 11-25-2007, 11:29 PM
Board Regular

I've never had any problem with opti-idle. I simply set it and forget it. After pulling reefer, it's not an issue to me. I've never caught any flak at all about my idle time. I had a brand new truck less than six months after hiring on. I know they've been testing a few different APU's, but not sure if/when they'll go to them. I've heard a few states, namely CA & NY have been giving some with APU's a hard time for running them. I personally suspect when they buy new trucks they'll just buy Cascadias that have the no idle 10 hour battery system built in. Sorry, can't tell you anything about dedicated and only ran western regional for a few months and it was fine except the five CPM cut in pay to run it. Good luck!
Old 11-26-2007, 12:02 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaki86
Appreciate the responses. I guess I'd have to get used to the Opti-Idle - never had to deal with that before.
Well if your married, you wont have a problem with opti-idle, hehehehe

you get used to it, no big deal.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:53 PM

Crete just took my truck from me to sell. I knew when it was given to me to get out of Bartlesville, that it would be traded within a month. I just took the looooonnnggg way from OK to Lincoln. It had 460,000 on it. I was put in a truck with 360,000. I'm a returning driver. The next move will be into a new truck. This has happened on all 3 starts at Crete. Good luck on your decision.
Old 12-02-2007, 07:15 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaki86
I didn't expect to get into a brand new truck - never have. The newest truck I've ever been in was when I was at Celadon. My International had under 100k on the odometer but was a piece of crap. The bunk heater didn't work, it was extremely rough riding, etc.

Now - anyone have any info on either the Mid-Atlantic Regional or the dedicated route I posted. Would like to get an idea of what the hometime and average miles/week are like on them.
All the new trucks are gone, they handed them all out. My current truck has 570,000 miles on it and still running strong. The trucks are turned in based on age, not miles. They are currently taking in trucks numbered 28800+ or so. My truck number is in the very low 29000 range. I will be trading out soon, but most likely into a used truck that is in the terminal when my trucks time is up. I personally don't care if its a new truck, as long as it is a clean non-smoker truck.

It didn't matter if you were a new driver or experienced. The trucks were handed out on a first come basis. I signed on as an experienced driver and was given a truck with 360,000miles on it. When I went to orientation in Lincoln 3weeks later Crete was handing out brand new trucks to everyone.

NOW, to answer the original question asked in this thread.

As a regional driver you are payed less than a National driver. I believe it pays 39CPM to start instead of 41CPM that OTR drivers get.

You will most likely get fewer miles per week also, but that really depends on where you live and how easy it is to get you home. A realistic figure would probably be 2000-2500 miles/week, although I've talked to many regional drivers that have now problem getting 3000 mpw.

One positive about regional drivers is that they are preplanned in advance. You will know where your next load is going before you deliver the one you are currently under. Unlike national drivers that deliver their load and then send in an empty call before they know where they are going to be dispatched.

Regional drivers also deal with more live loads/unloads than the average national driver does.

The best part about the regional runs is that you will be home on weekends, and if you live close to a terminal or heavily traveled route you can find yourself at the house many times during the week. It really depends on where you live in relation to where the customers are.

Like any other company, you give up pay for convenience and home time.

[email protected]
Old 12-02-2007, 11:32 PM
Senior Board Member

Heck you got a new one.....my first truck had 730,000 miles on it!!!