Thanks guys!
Old 08-04-2008, 03:36 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Hey everyone!

Hope y'all are doing well. I'll update all of my numbers later, just stopping in to say hi. Just doing the usual running back and forth between Indiana to 'Bama and back, and even went out to CO and back a couple of times since my last post. Everything's still going great here, making plenty of $$$ and even better, taking far more time off than I imagined doing this. Obviously besides myself, the wife and kids are loving it as well! Speaking of time off, I'm finishing up my second day of vacation and not returning to work 'til much later in the month, so I'm not going to be around much, if any. I hope everyone stays out of trouble and is safe. Take it easy y'all, off to slack I go...

:wink:

U.S.M.C. '89-'95 0351 (Assaultman), '95-'99 6531 (Aviation Ordnance)...IYAOYAS!
U.S. Army '00-'01 67S (OH-58D Crew Chief/Repairman)

"Pain is weakness leaving the body."

"Nobody ever drowned in their own sweat."
Old 08-08-2008, 11:23 PM

Week one of training done, phew. Still have a job. Gdamn im rusty. My shifting can use lots of improvements but im doing leaps and bounds now versus day one. I havent driven a truck on the road for probably two months so its a given id say. My backing, oh boy. Once again its been awhile, and last time I was backing they were single axle day cabs. Not dual axles w/ sleepers. I feel good, I have improved in the single week. Seven weeks to go, I should be fine by then. First week I did 9hrs, 11.5, 12.25, 13.25, and 9 today. Apparently ive been babied because its the most Ive worked in a week.

I have to admit, I was thinking I made a mistake the first few days. I think ive gotten over that though. No matter what its better then my last job, and I think I have to just get used to the lifestyle. I think ill be better once I get my own truck also.

Paperwork, damn I still have a lot to learn. Once again I still have seven weeks so I think ill be fine. Its all repetative so once I have it, ill have it.

Saw a new Volvo today at our terminal. Mmmmmm. Apparently were also the only terminal that pulls three axle trailers?! Im sure I have more to say but im drawing blank right now.

Questions?
Old 08-09-2008, 01:25 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDCavi
Week one of training done, phew. Still have a job. Gdamn im rusty. My shifting can use lots of improvements but im doing leaps and bounds now versus day one. I havent driven a truck on the road for probably two months so its a given id say. My backing, oh boy. Once again its been awhile, and last time I was backing they were single axle day cabs. Not dual axles w/ sleepers. I feel good, I have improved in the single week. Seven weeks to go, I should be fine by then. First week I did 9hrs, 11.5, 12.25, 13.25, and 9 today. Apparently ive been babied because its the most Ive worked in a week.

I have to admit, I was thinking I made a mistake the first few days. I think ive gotten over that though. No matter what its better then my last job, and I think I have to just get used to the lifestyle. I think ill be better once I get my own truck also.

Paperwork, damn I still have a lot to learn. Once again I still have seven weeks so I think ill be fine. Its all repetative so once I have it, ill have it.

Saw a new Volvo today at our terminal. Mmmmmm. Apparently were also the only terminal that pulls three axle trailers?! Im sure I have more to say but im drawing blank right now.

Questions?
Yes Maine is the only t erminal that pulls tri axels
Old 08-09-2008, 01:43 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:

Questions?
Well...since the 27th of june, I have run out my hours every day. Have only spent 4 nights at home since the 27th, have had, counting tonight 5 motel rooms, and have traveled across the country, coast to coast twice, delivered 4 loads on the gulf coast 5 loads in the midwest, 1 load into Canada, 1 load into Kalifornia, 2 loads into North Carolina, both on the coast, and am now under a load headed to Bayonne NJ, from the Gulf Coast.

I'm going to head home after next weekend...and slack just like that "Young" guy who started this thread !!!!

My "To the Truck" is at $34,000 on 11,900 miles. Fuel had pretty much stayed consistant across the board, at $4.649, until the last 2 weeks. This july has been way better than last july, and august looks like it might kick ass too.

Even with the drop in fuel....I'm thinking the rate to NJ ($3,839.40) is kinda low.....just because I gotta cross into NJ. :|
Old 08-09-2008, 03:14 AM
Senior Board Member
Default bayonne

stan.......... where in bayonne....???

new hook rd.......22nd st.........port jersey blvd.....????? :idea: :idea:

I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much.
Mother Teresa

"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. CHESTERTON

"Qui non intelligit aut discat aut taceat"
Who does not understand should either learn, or be silent.
The Mark Levin Show
Old 08-09-2008, 11:47 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: bayonne

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR SILVER

Oil terminal on 22nd.
Old 08-09-2008, 12:46 PM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member

Don't forget, we can always warm up a 1/4 cab for ya Stan! :wink:

Cavi! Sounds like it is all coming together for ya. Glad to hear it! BOL

Old 08-09-2008, 02:37 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: bayonne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR SILVER

Oil terminal on 22nd.
ya a buddy of mine works @ the cement plant there(duramix)..........

what do you take into bayonne....14 a (njtpk)....or staten island and over
the bayonne bridge.....

I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much.
Mother Teresa

"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. CHESTERTON

"Qui non intelligit aut discat aut taceat"
Who does not understand should either learn, or be silent.
The Mark Levin Show
Old 08-10-2008, 05:47 AM

Quote:

Questions?
Welcome to my life. 8)