User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2007, 07:30 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's
I'm thinking of going to Crete as my 1st choice right now with CFI being a fairly close second ...I like Crete as my first choice because they will pay me .41 CPM with my 2 yrs of experience and CFI most likely will only credit me only for 1 yr and that is only .35 CPM ...However I do like T-600's much better than Century's , as the T-600 rides better ,and I like the under bunk storage better on the T-600 as the side storage bins hold my freeweights much better than the long narrow storage under bunk of the century...But with a .06 cent difference in pay I'll make the century work...However I put my app in at Crete last Friday ,and have not heard from them yet , And I already had CFI calling last week ,and I haven't put an app in since 2005 at CFI . I'll give Crete a until frioday ,and then I'll call recruiting , and if no firm answer on a time frame...OFF TO CFI I WILL GO ...
Well..do I have a surprise for you....unless they've changed the T-600 sideboxs recently.....good news....our new Century's have a all plastic underbunk Tray....with removable partitions between the center box and the side box( we only have sidebox door on driver side.....and the bunk lifts up( you know that right?)
And you do know Shaffer/Crete all the same right.
Have you thought about Shaffer? same .41 cent to start + probably exta .01 to pull reefer-if you don't like it just switch to a red(crete) truck...

Call: Gary
don't have his number right off- he's kinda a freelance Recruiting Agent(works from home) for Crete/Shaffer....he'll talk your ear off if you let him....but can get that application on the fast-track and pull a few strings if needed( as long as you shot straight with him and don't bull shit him--he'll do ok by you)
Just call any of their Recruiting numbers...and ask for Gary out in Council Bluffs.

Oh, p.s. If you start thinking his B.S. is getting too thick-- Tell him, Russ still hasn't found that refrigerator he claimed "all the trucks" had. // Hey, he's a professional recruiter-- But he's still a good guy.

__________________________________________________ ________
Shaffer#83996
Old 11-28-2007, 06:21 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdFrostyMug

Yeah, a whole penny raise. Wow, that's heavy tunes in a year when WonderBread goes for over a buck a loaf. :roll:

Only about .20 cpm behind a Conway LTL linehaul driver. Oh well, think positive. In 20 years, you'll be making the same money as he is now.
It could be sooner the way they are nickel & diming the LTL side. They just announced that our tractors will be cut back to 62. They have been steadily replacing line runs with "outside" carriers like CFI, Werner CRST etc.
Old 11-28-2007, 08:55 PM

I drive for CFI and started with them about a year ago. Did orientation at Joplin.

Two things:

#1 - I very much doubt a 39 for one person of a husband / wife team on its own disqualified you from CFI. CFI loves teams and absolutely adores married teams you have to have failed something like the integrity test or some other background check to get kicked out, in my opinion. Especially since they didn't offer you a week at Crowder to work on your skills which they would if it was just shaky driving.

#2 - The range test isn't difficult, and they show it to you slowly (so slowly you and everyone else WALKED BESIDE THE TRUCK DEMONSTRATING EVERY OBSTACLE, right?) and answer all your questions beforehand. If you can't avoid some cones and get your trailer in line behind a corner properly at 2 MPH that speaks volumes in my book.

So you and CFI weren't a good fit. Big deal, plenty of other fish in that pond. Good luck with it.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:19 PM
Rookie
Default Re: CFI Fiasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonstruck
First day, get in class; instructor up on podium talking *at* us. No introduction, no "glad you're here"; very cold and verging on rude. "Don't dare be late to class; we're watching your every move, wear your name tag (so they know who you are?), do what we say, don't ask too many questions - questions later; we are pressed for time, rush rush rush. They may pull some of you out of class - *the boom*?

BE AFRAID......BE VERY AFRAID. 'Nuff said.
Huh? :roll: I have a varigated slant on the atmosphere just two weeks prior to your arrival... ...got off the bus in front of 1 Glass Place and was greeted with a handshake at the door and told, 'Glad you could come. Good to have you here!' The Instructer's name was Roger McCune. And yes, he did set some housekeeping rules as you stated; Be on time back from breaks, and, 'Please wear your name tags, as we don't know who you are yet.' At no time did I feel I was being condecended upon. Just point blank, 'we have a lot of stuff to cover, and not much time to do it in.' Not hard to understand from my perspective.

Sorry you felt the opposite.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:58 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Williams
It could be sooner the way they are nickel & diming the LTL side. They just announced that our tractors will be cut back to 62. They have been steadily replacing line runs with "outside" carriers like CFI, Werner CRST etc.
Yep, they've sipped the wine of cheap truckload labor. And they love the taste! :wink:

Alot of those runs go to unbalanced lanes, where there's more freight going out than there is coming back.