User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2007, 01:34 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default R.E. West ?

Anyone have/had an experience with this company. I can't even locate them on SAFER.

I've been to their web site but there is not alot of info.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:56 AM
Rookie

Try this blog and search the archives:

http://lojaks-truck.blogspot.com/
Old 11-16-2007, 02:33 AM

thanks holeshot.

I wonder why he left them?
Old 11-16-2007, 03:13 AM
Rookie

I believe he turned into an O/O; but, those travels are not documented. There is some good info in his blog relating to an alternative way of obtaining your CDL and you can tell what they haul and where they run also. Seems like a smaller family outfit just outside of Nashville.

Best of luck
Old 11-16-2007, 02:58 PM
Board Icon

Interesting avatar. :|

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 11-21-2007, 04:51 AM
Senior Board Member

Well...I thought the company was o.k. until I read an article where the owner stated that-- in his opinion.....hitting a deer at night is a preventable accident and any of "his" drivers would be charged as such....because in his opinion that driver must have been "overdriving" the range of his headlights.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:28 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by headborg
Well...I thought the company was o.k. until I read an article where the owner stated that-- in his opinion.....hitting a deer at night is a preventable accident and any of "his" drivers would be charged as such....because in his opinion that driver must have been "overdriving" the range of his headlights.
That is nonsense. Hitting a deer is like driving on ice. You have no control over other moving obsticles, where ice is stationary, but in the presence, it takes away all control from the driver to be defensive. Now, that's what that owner is doing. He has become the deer or ice place in the path of the driver.

He has no sense of SAFETY in his business plans, ethics, or tactics. I would stay away from this owner and his business. Further more, I would leave that job as his business, but who am I?

To sum things up, on the majority of all safety review boards, their views states that if you strike a stationary object, it is preventable. This is not the case.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:43 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSlim
Quote:
That is nonsense. Hitting a deer is like driving on ice. You have no control over other moving obsticles, where ice is stationary, but in the presence, it takes away all control from the driver to be defensive. Now, that's what that owner is doing. He has become the deer or ice place in the path of the driver.

He has no sense of SAFETY in his business plans, ethics, or tactics. I would stay away from this owner and his business. Further more, I would leave that job as his business, but who am I?

Yep I hit 2 deer this year once on US 160 headed west through pagosa springs Colorado ...I was doing 55Mph in a 65mph ,and with 100ft or less A deer popped up from the south side of the highway ,and made a run right in front of the truck ...damage resulting was the left side of the bumper (fiberglass) shattered and a small wave in the grill where the derrs head just barely hit after being hit with the frame...

Then not even 4 months later I picked up a truck off the Denver lot and after cleaning it out I drove it back to my house in Bailey colorado off US 285 ( which is in the mountains at 8800 ft ) After loading my junk I ate dinner ,and proceeded to head back to the termional ot was just getting dark , and on my way through the canyon I had a small group of deer run across the road I was only doing 45 m,ph in a 55mph ,but being bobtail I could only apply the breaks gently without losing traction and just hopping/sliding I was avble to veer to the left lane avoiding the bulk of the deer only swiping a small doe with the drivers side fender...resulting damage a cracked badly cracked fender with the marker light needing taped back on...

I hope this is it for some time to come ...What sux is both deer slayings occoured after moving into a new truck ... :?
Old 12-14-2007, 06:00 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:

To sum things up, on the majority of all safety review boards, their views states that if you strike a stationary object, it is preventable. This is not the case.
Yeah, I hit a deer in TN in broad daylight...and couldn't avoid it----yeah, I
agree I was almost floored(with laughter) when I read the article....it does
tell you that the owner doesn't what his equipment messed up & something about the company....though i wouldn't want my DAC messed up by working for him.
Old 12-21-2007, 12:00 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, I hit a deer in TN in broad daylight...and couldn't avoid it----yeah, I
agree I was almost floored(with laughter) when I read the article....it does
tell you that the owner doesn't what his equipment messed up & something about the company....though i wouldn't want my DAC messed up by working for him.
You're right; however, if he didn't want his equipment messed up, he should drive the vehicle. Wouldn't you agree?