User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2007, 11:29 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default governed

Anyone know a decent company that hires from nevada but not have their trucks governed at 65 I hate doin only 65 I want 68 or better. :twisted:
Old 11-16-2007, 01:52 AM
Rookie

Another super trucker that thinks 3 more mph is going to solve their late del. problem. Buy your own truck and then run it any way you want.
What is the big deal all of the sudden about the truck govner?
Old 11-16-2007, 03:05 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKtrucker
Another super trucker that thinks 3 more mph is going to solve their late del. problem. Buy your own truck and then run it any way you want.
What is the big deal all of the sudden about the truck govner?

how fast can your truck run BBR?

wimpy, almost any big company trucks can go 68. go to the truckstop, find those magazines, and start calling. now your first question shouldn't be "How fast can your trucks go?" when the recruiter answers the phone
Old 11-17-2007, 03:59 PM
Senior Board Member

No matter the truck, owned or not, I would not drive it over 65 anyway. The extra mile per gallon I could get by driving slower would put about $10K extra in my pocket with the current price for fuel.

I personnaly run around 60 most of the time and ALWAYS get my loads where they need to be on time. With less stress and more relaxed. I average over 7mpg. With the industry standard of 6mpg, I am keeping $10K more in my pocket at the end of the year. Most of my loads deliver by appt, so getting there sooner is stupid.

That being said. Look... anyone who has been in trucking very long knows that profit margins in trucking companies are pretty slim. And fuel is the largest cost after the driver pay. Therefore, fuel costs have to be kept manageable. The only way the companies can do this is negotiate fuel discounts by using a network and cutting the truck speed down. If you can come up with a better way.... let them know. Also, insurance costs are getting way out of line and the companies can get cheaper rates by keeping the trucks governed down. Sorry, but money is the driving factor in all this. Sure, I'll bet your company would let you run faster if you sacrifice 5 or more cents per mile in pay back to them.

Even as a company driver, their are benefits. Less stress, not worrying about the "bears", etc. Just kick back at 60-65, listen to the XM radio and relax. Doing this, I am still able to legally average around 3000 miles a week and be by the house once or twice during the week, and be home on the weekends. Not all stressed out from the week's driving. It makes sense for a O/O to do the same. Have these same benefits and extra money to take home (that is if they are getting the proper fuel surcharge... another issue).

If you want to go fast, go get some sponsers and get into NASCAR. lot more fun than delivering freight and you can get your picture on tv.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:35 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copperhead
No matter the truck, owned or not, I would not drive it over 65 anyway. The extra mile per gallon I could get by driving slower would put about $10K extra in my pocket with the current price for fuel.

I personnaly run around 60 most of the time and ALWAYS get my loads where they need to be on time. With less stress and more relaxed. I average over 7mpg. With the industry standard of 6mpg, I am keeping $10K more in my pocket at the end of the year. Most of my loads deliver by appt, so getting there sooner is stupid.

That being said. Look... anyone who has been in trucking very long knows that profit margins in trucking companies are pretty slim. And fuel is the largest cost after the driver pay. Therefore, fuel costs have to be kept manageable. The only way the companies can do this is negotiate fuel discounts by using a network and cutting the truck speed down. If you can come up with a better way.... let them know. Also, insurance costs are getting way out of line and the companies can get cheaper rates by keeping the trucks governed down. Sorry, but money is the driving factor in all this. Sure, I'll bet your company would let you run faster if you sacrifice 5 or more cents per mile in pay back to them.

Even as a company driver, their are benefits. Less stress, not worrying about the "bears", etc. Just kick back at 60-65, listen to the XM radio and relax. Doing this, I am still able to legally average around 3000 miles a week and be by the house once or twice during the week, and be home on the weekends. Not all stressed out from the week's driving. It makes sense for a O/O to do the same. Have these same benefits and extra money to take home (that is if they are getting the proper fuel surcharge... another issue).

If you want to go fast, go get some sponsers and get into NASCAR. lot more fun than delivering freight and you can get your picture on tv.
Exactly.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:55 PM
Rookie

Insurance is said to be cheeper too.
Old 11-20-2007, 04:35 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: governed

Quote:
Originally Posted by wimpy
Anyone know a decent company that hires from nevada but not have their trucks governed at 65 I hate doin only 65 I want 68 or better. :twisted:
Poly Trucking- 68mph
Gordon Trucking 68mph(or 70?)
Shenandoah Transport 75mph( 50 trucks- no sat)(.27-.30cpm)
Woodridge? (out of Camden, Ar)- 72mph- (100 nice trucks)
IWX- 68mph?
Old 11-21-2007, 01:29 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Shenandoah Transport 75mph( 50 trucks- no sat)(.27-.30cpm)
Crete Carrier 65mph .41-.47cpm

Anyone see a cause and effect kind of thing going on.

[email protected]