User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2007, 11:10 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Schneider??

Anyone just started driving for Schneider recently or have been,just wondering thinking about starting out with them,just want some feedback.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:43 PM

Drove for Schneider 3 years. 2 years too many, although they just raised there pay to a pretty decent rate. If you need training then go with them. Do your year and get out, unless you enjoy never being home.
Old 11-10-2007, 01:37 AM
Rookie
Default Schneider National

How long have you been driving overall
Old 11-10-2007, 04:21 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by farder
Drove for Schneider 3 years. 2 years too many, although they just raised there pay to a pretty decent rate. If you need training then go with them. Do your year and get out, unless you enjoy never being home.
I came across something that said they had a "2 weeks on, 1 week off" program they had as an option.
Old 11-10-2007, 04:49 AM

Yeah, that's the "home run" program. You have to have 3 drivers in a "pod" sharing 2 trucks that you slip seat. Good luck finding 2 other drivers in your home terminal that want to deal with that crap.
Old 11-10-2007, 01:34 PM
Senior Board Member

I drive for SNI and I'm home every two weeks, regardless. Anyone who complains they cant get home working for SNI, doesnt know how to schedule with their STL. I've never missed a schedule weekend off....ever unless I wanted it that way.

IMHO the training is the best in the business with a total emphasis on safety and following all regulations. No log book fudging or any other nonsense will be tolerated. You fudge your logbook, you'll find yourself looking for a new job.

They also have regional opportunities that can get you home sooner than every two weeks but you need to check with a recruiter about that.

Like all large trucking companies, they have their good and bad points but compared to others out there, you cant go wrong with SNI.

BTW, unlike most who here who think there company is the best and pull the "PM me for more info" they are looking to get a recruiting bonus and can really care if you sink or swim. I'm not, you decide what company want to work for whether it be SNI or anyone else. I'm just telling you how it is to work for them. You make the best or the worst for yourself in this industry.

But like previously mentioned, you a do a incident free year at SNI you can write your ticket to any trucking job in the industry.
Old 11-10-2007, 04:24 PM

inmate1577
--you obviously don't run out of Fontana. I ran outta there for 3 year and got in on time ONCE. You have to tell them 4 weeks ahead of time when you want TAH and even with that much advance notice they ALWAYS got me in a day or 2 LATE.

So if you're telling me that I didn't know how to schedule my TAH with my STL as you seem to imply, then I suggest you are full of it.
Old 11-10-2007, 04:30 PM

And STL's don't even schedule your TAH anymore. You send a MAC and someone in green bay does it. And of course Trip Planning doesn't bother looking at your calendar when giving you a load so you have to call anyway and tell them you're scheduled for TAH even though it may have been on your calendar fo 3 months already.
Old 11-10-2007, 06:53 PM
Rookie

I hooked up with Schneider two months ago after 3 1/2 years off the road. I had to pass a road test, then another a week later when I did their winter training.

I get home every other weekend for three and two days alternating. I've planned my TAH for the next two months. I run legal, get plenty of rest (I did the 4K weeks when I was younger...don't miss 'em, either!), and my DBL and load planner have done a terrific job for me. Some drivers don't care for SNI's Operating Centers. Me, I'm happy to have them for safe places to park, clean up and eat on occassion.

Most would say I don't fit the stereotypical "trucker" model, but I'm happy with what I've seen so far. If you want to run a ton of miles and NOT log it legal, look elsewhere.

Give a little, take a little.

Good luck!
Old 11-10-2007, 07:30 PM
Rookie

I had made an attempt at trying to go with Schneider. They would provide the training, even though I would have been stuck with them for 18 months, and was really looking forward to it. They were gonna set me up to do their liquid bulk/tanker truck. But then it all came crashing down when they said they don't allow pets. They were really looking forward to having me, and I was really looking forward to driving for them. And would be if they allowed me to take my dog. Same thing with Roehl. Schneider was my first choice for a trucking company, but I have to have my dog with me.
Had an uncle who worked for them a year. He hated it. Said he was promised to run the southeast (since he lived in GA), and instead was mostly in the pacific northwest (complete opposite area of the country).