User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2007, 10:05 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Mcelroy Truck lines

Can anyone give me some info on Mcelroy Truck lines out of Cuba, Al. I have gone to their web site already. I was just wondering if someone had some more detailed info on them. Like avg. miles/wk type of runs (any dedicated) and is hometime really every weekend. Thanks
Old 11-09-2007, 11:19 AM
Rookie

From talking with their drivers, the "home weekends" is true. But as seems common with most companies, they want you to leave Sunday to arrive at your Monday morning load ready with 11 hours drive time. (get there, take your 10 hour break, then load)

They have dedicated loads out of Lowes Distribution in Hagerstown Maryland. But many drivers say the loads are difficult to tie down and need constant checking on the road.

You must tarp all your loads per company policy. The spread axles are more problem to back. And they have a very complicating training method, the Smith System, that you must constantly call out all of it's "keys" that you're using while driving. Then at the end of six weeks, you'll still have to complete their driving test down in Cuba AL. Including Serpentine back to a alley dock, 45 degree back between trailers and Parallel back to a dock There's got to be easier companies to start with. I'm now going to stay as far away from flatbeds as I possibly can.