LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2007, 09:51 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Re: orientation

Quote:
Originally Posted by motozeke
Got my invite for orientation today woo hooo!!!! been waiting 5 weeks hope its worth it. Good luck JayB hope to see ya down there im going to be in little rock sunday morning any oyther tips will be appreciated
Motozeke
I think you will be glad you waited for the opening at Maverick. You are going to ASU for CDL school, right? I am not sure how that works exactly, but I'm sure it is a good deal from what I've heard. My trainer is supposed to pick me up sometime Sunday so I will be around in the AM.
I'll be the heavilly inked guy with the short hair and mustache. (Not the guy with the flame sleeves, the other tattooed guy.)
Old 11-20-2007, 10:03 PM
Board Icon

Congrats, Jay. Best of luck to ya. Please keep us posted.

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 11-20-2007, 10:51 PM
Rookie
Default not me

nope already got my cdl im going thru what you just did ill be the guy with short hair 6'2" heavily inked both arms I just lifted my wife from layin on the floor ( she weighs 118) and place her on the mantel on the fire place to make sure i can pass that tarp test only thing is ive been out of a truck for over 6 weeks but im sure it will come back hope to see ya down there bro happy turkey day
motozeke
Old 11-22-2007, 12:48 AM

JayB,did you have Tim during load securement.He's pretty cool.Most of the trainers will try to get you through the house for the weekend at least once during training.I feel you have made a great decision on Maverick. Been with them a year,haven't regretted it.Good Luck on your training.
Old 11-22-2007, 11:58 PM
Rookie
Default orientation

well just ate my pumpkin pie (burp) I am thinking of going to jc penny at 4 in the morning sale to get a gps I think that might be handy to have.they have a envion for sale with text to speech 169 bucks I hear those are better because they say the actual street you have to turn down I already started to pack for Orientattion I am flying for 70 bucks more than the bus ticket and ill get reimbursed for the price of the bus so I wont be gray hounding it for 30 hours. Thye told me to bring a 25 ft tape but i wonder if I should bring a flashlight. I know that my trainer is gonna have limited space so im bringing a army dufflebag. kinda excited and a little nervous gotta go thru the gaunlet but I wanna thank everyone of you who have given me the (edge) with input and reports on what to expect it really helps when you can be prepared I hope I make the cut I don't have laptop so ill report when i can get to a puter. I feel like trucking is like motorcycling (which ive done for over 30 years) a brotherhood
thanks again all
motozeke
Old 11-23-2007, 02:17 AM
Senior Board Member

pack a cheap pack of gloves, don't forget a good pair of sunglasses(for driving) with winter coming(already here many places) you can go "snow blind" real quick without a pair. Personally, I wouldn't worry about the GPS first off the bat- besides flatbedders deliver to many "construction" sights and
places that don't even got addresses yet. Save your money for that $40.00 laminated motor carriers atlas...and the 100.00 Thermo-Electric Igloo Cooler- If you can keep your "living expenses" down/ under control first thing off the bat- you'll keep more $$$ in your pocket.
Old 11-23-2007, 04:43 AM

I think that yall made a wise decision in going with Maverick, whether it be the specialized or transpotration side.
Old 12-21-2007, 02:43 PM
Rookie
Default done with training

well I finished with training and now all I have to do is come back after christmas and test out then I will be flown to Gary and get my covered wagon I gotta tell you it was hell of a lot of training my trainer was a pretty good guy so it was easy enough we made it fun tellin jokes and driving all over the south we went in 2 weeks to alabama, mississippi,arkansas,georgia,missouri,tennesee,tex as,kansas,illonois I got out of the truck yesterday in memphis and rented a car and drove all night back to michigan my driving stamina is pretty good now