User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2007, 04:17 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default Western Express flatbed division

Just a quick question or 2 to see if anyone knows anything......I'm looking to maybe hop back out on the road after a very short stint back in the factory life. I am wanting to try my hand at flatbed this time but want to get on somewhere that is close to home and might get me home on the weekends or at least most of them. For whatever reason TMC has seen fit to turn me down 2 times in the past even with a good record so i am not messing with them again. I live only an hour or so out of Nashville and was thinking about checking them out for flatbed since it is claimed that they will hire pretty much anyone lol and they are close to home and claim to do weekends at home. I know there van division pretty much lives in the North East...anyone know if they are the same with flatbed or if they have the same terrible reputation with flatbed as they do with van? Just curious....I know they are not a highly spoken of company but i am just checking...i think a good professional driver that knows what he is getting into can survive just about anywhere...just checking to see if its even worth looking at. So anyone that has any real info....post it up.
Old 10-21-2007, 05:24 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

This is true, they will hire anyone. My friend got fired from his first two jobs, has 4 preventables and 2 speeding tickets and they gave him a dedicated run. As for there flatbed division its a joke. He tells me on a weekly basis that he gets messages on the qualcom about there drivers loosing loads or rolling over. He is in the van division and has had only a few messages of stolen loads out of the 7 months hes been there, but the flatbed division is like an on going joke.
Old 10-21-2007, 06:11 PM
Board Regular

A Western Express driver came by my school the other week and was answering questions and showing his truck.
He was complaining that he got pulled and inspected that week and they hassled him for 3 1/2 hours for no reason at all and the only thing they cited him for was his severely cracked windshield (passenger side). He said his windshield had been broken for a while and he didn't care and that the only reason he might get it fixed now was because he has 14 days to take care of it.
His truck was filthy inside and out and his securing equipment looked like it wasn't taken care of that well either.
If that is the acceptable standard for Western Express drivers and equipment I suggest looking at other carriers.
I also like the fact that all their trucks are stenciled "If this truck is parked for 24 hours please call 1-800-something". I guess they get a lot of abandonments.
Old 10-21-2007, 06:24 PM

You would be shocked how many drivers you find like that at every company...some people just dont care what they live in and i dont understand that. I'll not really hold that story against the actual company but just write that off as one nasty dont give a crap driver.....i think TMC will be about the only company you find that probably doesnt have any drivers with nasty trucks. Even the best of companies have really nasty dont care attitude truckers,Although I will say in your case having someone like that come to your school does give an automatic bad impression of the company as a whole. Not a very good representative to send out recruiting.
Old 10-21-2007, 06:37 PM

Have you given Maverick a call? I drive for them.They will get you home most weekends.Living were you do we run alot through there.They are the best move I have made.