User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2007, 01:51 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Keystone Freight

Does anybody know anything about Keystone Freight? I believe they're out of NJ, I know they've got a terminal in Greensboro, NC. I tried to talk to one of their drivers through the radio but apparently he didn't have one. thanks in advance for any help.
http://www.nrsonline.com/nrshome.nsf...&page=keystone
Old 10-21-2007, 04:59 PM

their website say that their regional drivers are home on the weekends and also once during the week. they're also a union company, which I don't know whether it's a good or bad thing. anyways I live about 45 miles away from one of their terminals and I know they're hiring and apparently you can make anywhere between 40k and 70k, which sounds believable if they start you off at .40cpm and make at least 2500 miles a week.
any thoughts?
Old 12-26-2007, 08:00 PM

i guess nobody's familiar with these company :cry:
Old 12-26-2007, 09:50 PM
Board Regular

They are pretty big out here on the west coast. They do all the best buys out here and i think target and maybe a few others. Alot of lacal trucks and some sleepers, all columbia freightliners.
Old 12-27-2007, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAtrukn
They are pretty big out here on the west coast. They do all the best buys out here and i think target and maybe a few others. Alot of lacal trucks and some sleepers, all columbia freightliners.
i had no idea they ran the west coast also. i do know they do the best buys and targets,
thanks for the reply
Old 12-29-2007, 12:53 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Keystone Freight

[quote="davenport1"]Does anybody know anything about Keystone Freight? I believe they're out of NJ, I know they've got a terminal in Greensboro, NC. I tried to talk to one of their drivers through the radio but apparently he didn't have one. thanks in advance for any help.
[url]http://www.nrsonline.com/nrshome.nsf/show?openForm&page=keystone[

I applied for them and was accepted in Fla about 20 years ago, they were union, but it seemed you didnt get any union benefits, they just wanted your dues. the guy who gave me the road test ran otr and he said he usually got home for "a few hours" every weekend" they wanted me to run local pulling pups and doing drop and hook at sams and target and a few other places, it was all night driving and no assigned trucks, after talking to a couple of the managers, I just got a bad feeling about them, it seemed that they were just making it up as they went along, like, I asked about the trucks, well, they didnt have them yet, but they were buying all new fords. I asked about pay, they didnt have that worked out yet. the deciding factor in NOT taking the job was, they said I had to join the union and pay my dues BEFORE I could start working..
Old 12-29-2007, 02:54 AM
Senior Board Member

[quote="Fredog"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by davenport1
Does anybody know anything about Keystone Freight? I believe they're out of NJ, I know they've got a terminal in Greensboro, NC. I tried to talk to one of their drivers through the radio but apparently he didn't have one. thanks in advance for any help.

I applied for them and was accepted in Fla about 20 years ago, they were union, but it seemed you didnt get any union benefits, they just wanted your dues. the guy who gave me the road test ran otr and he said he usually got home for "a few hours" every weekend" they wanted me to run local pulling pups and doing drop and hook at sams and target and a few other places, it was all night driving and no assigned trucks, after talking to a couple of the managers, I just got a bad feeling about them, it seemed that they were just making it up as they went along, like, I asked about the trucks, well, they didnt have them yet, but they were buying all new fords. I asked about pay, they didnt have that worked out yet. the deciding factor in NOT taking the job was, they said I had to join the union and pay my dues BEFORE I could start working..
Now...that is so weird...Fredog left a message...but I could not see it on my browser.
Old 12-29-2007, 02:55 AM
Senior Board Member

Now..cut that out!!!
Old 12-29-2007, 03:07 AM
Senior Board Member

[quote="Fredog"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by davenport1

I applied for them and was accepted in Fla about 20 years ago, they were union, but it seemed you didnt get any union benefits, they just wanted your dues. the guy who gave me the road test ran otr and he said he usually got home for "a few hours" every weekend" they wanted me to run local pulling pups and doing drop and hook at sams and target and a few other places, it was all night driving and no assigned trucks, after talking to a couple of the managers, I just got a bad feeling about them, it seemed that they were just making it up as they went along, like, I asked aIbout the trucks, well, they didnt have them yet, but they were buying all new fords. I asked about pay, they didnt have that worked out yet. the deciding factor in NOT taking the job was, they said I had to join the union and pay my dues BEFORE I could start working..

ok, the message is there when I click edit, and I preview rbut it's not there after I submit it. Is Rod Serling around?
Old 12-29-2007, 03:10 AM
Senior Board Member

I applied for them and was accepted in Fla about 20 years ago, they were union, but it seemed you didnt get any union benefits, they just wanted your dues. the guy who gave me the road test ran otr and he said he usually got home for "a few hours" every weekend" they wanted me to run local pulling pups and doing drop and hook at sams and target and a few other places, it was all night driving and no assigned trucks, after talking to a couple of the managers, I just got a bad feeling about them, it seemed that they were just making it up as they went along, like, I asked aIbout the trucks, well, they didnt have them yet, but they were buying all new fords. I asked about pay, they didnt have that worked out yet. the deciding factor in NOT taking the job was, they said I had to join the union and pay my dues BEFORE I could start working..[/quote][/color]

ok, the message is there when I click edit, and I preview but it's not there after I submit it. Is Rod Serling around?