User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2007, 04:38 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default anyone familiar with DYNAMIC TRANSIT?

starting there next week they have terminals in St. Louis, Kansas City & Los Angeles
Old 10-16-2007, 10:46 PM
Board Regular

Sorry know nothing about them, but checked out their website, nice trucks anyway. Doesn't look like they take newbies. BOL
Old 11-22-2007, 06:38 PM
Default unsure ei

have talked to one of their recruiters too but they pay 25cpm for empty miles
and not too clear on their perdiem policy ....but did run into one of their drivers and she had good things to say about them said her average is 4000 miles a week yadayada....hadn't read their pay policy so didn't think to ask how many of those were empty.....
Old 11-22-2007, 07:54 PM
Senior Board Member

yep, I called them the other day....they claim you will average over 3200 miles a week, O/O spec Pete 387( fridge built in--think of the crap the previous unhappy driver might have left in there), Looks like a sold prospect
otherwise. They do require that hazmat endorsement( that + the mid .30's pay kinda ruled me out).
I just came from Midwest Dist Center( Hersey-Edwardsville, IL) they had several loaded trailers setting there .....this is usually Prime Driver Friendly no-touch freight and much is dist-to-dist. They probably under cut my Company(Shaffer) and are now handling the California loads out of here.
If you're looking to go Reefer- then keep your eyes open for companies like
this- that do mostly plant-plant, Drop/hook- try to stay away from the companies which will haul what ever garbage they can find to stick in the box...and those LTL Reefer outfits.( unless you're going to be regional/dedicated). I wasn't on the phone long enough to hear the part about .25 for empty miles( this could be looked at different ways)---
average very little DH miles- it doesn't matter.
Set waiting for a Load( no money at all)
it kinda suggests they are controlling their DH cost( and will bounce you mega miles for that next load) it's kinda unfair to you not to pay the same
loaded or mty..but i can see their side of the issue( and it's better to be moving than setting) I'm just hoping this isn't a new trend in this industry that catches on across the board.