User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2007, 12:16 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Barr-Nunn how many?

:roll: How many new drivers are now driving for Barr-Nunn?Everyone I ask is 6 months or less,talked to one driver who had 12 years,one had 2 years and was thinking about giving his 2 week notice, and 1 more with 18 months, anyone know whats wrong with this company? Come on! Talk to me.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:15 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I worked for them for a year and it was a very profitable productive year for me in a brand new truck. i left because I just wanted to get back home for a while and see the family every day. i cant say enough good about them although i did run into plenty of other drivers that just were not getting the miles i was getting. i dont know if i just had a good FM or was just hitting the right places at the right time or what but it worked out for me....I'm not really sure what the problem was. i ran hard and never turned down loads or complained about the northeast and at times i was running harder than i even wanted to. Its really hard to explain, I did run into alot of those drivers you speak of.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:10 PM

Yeah, well they worked for me the first time....so i just signed back on to start with them again....going back to orientation monday if nothing changes.
Old 10-27-2007, 03:14 AM

I been there 4 months now,the first month was great over 3000 miles per week,then it all went down hill from there, no miles,sit,wait, last 2 weeks I got less than 1400 each week, some body has got to do something,maybe its me! And some of the drivers I talk to are in the same boat, so its a company thing. They keep talking about all this new business, who getting it? Things have got to get better or Im gone.
Old 10-27-2007, 02:04 PM

Yeah, about this time last year if i remember correctly i had a couple of pretty slow weeks....but as said on other Barr Nunn threads, i was tracking close to 50k for the year before i left so my good weeks more than outweighed my bad. Just out of curiosity, are you OTR or regional? Who is your dispatcher....pm me if you doint wanna post up on here. My dispatcher was a pretty good guy and did what he could for me my last time with them...i can shoot you his name if ya want...sometimes you just gotta lay it out on the table and tell them you want someone new.....during those slow weeks i had, I complained about this and they called and took a survey about my dispatcher and i told them what i thought....after all of that we both got on the same page and money pretty much rolled in for me for the rest of the year and he never ever gave me any trouble on my hometime. If you roll thorugh Courthouse monday or tuesday, drop me a line. i should be there getting re-orientated.
Old 10-27-2007, 05:51 PM

I've got a real good dispatcher now,helps me all he can,was otr and seem like when I worked week ends I would sit at least a day or a day and half,switched over to SE home time,thats a 5 cpm cut and still no miles,all in all, Barr Nunn is one of the best I've worked for as far as driver perks go,I'm going to give it everything to try and stay,they seem to work with me when I start crying about this and that,I'll most likely go back otr when and if freight gets better and if they'll keep me moving, good luck on coming back, my wife is pretty smart about lots of things and she made the statement that the only difference in truck companies is what name is on the door and thats the truth.
Old 10-27-2007, 06:27 PM

Hopefully SE hometime picks up, thats what i am jumping into instead of OTR this time OTR worked GREAT my last time out. Like i said though, last year, this is the exact time of the year that i had some of my slow weeks so hopefully it gets rolling soon. Where are you from? I am in middle Tennessee, south of nashville. usualy pretty decent freight coming across 24 and up and down 65.