User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2007, 03:20 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I thought the last election was held in Kansas, thats the info we got from the latest updates on our upsers web site, and they turned the union down by two thirds.
Old 10-07-2007, 04:15 PM
Water Board Administrator
Senior Board Member

There are 2 unions that want to represent us. The IBT (teamsters) and a start up union called APWA. The vote in KC was whether to be part of the APWA and they were beaten badly as they have been in every vote so far, they're prolly done for. As I said, the teamsters already organized INDY and negotiated a contract which will be voted on today. It should win easily from what I hear. Then the teamsters will start going to every terminal to sign up the rest of UPS Freight, offering the same contract. Your terminal will vote for themselves, keep things the way they are, or join the teamsters. You really dont have much choice with 200,000 current teamsters working at UPS, it makes the most sense. I think in the future you will see cross utilization of equipment and people. This means you might see Freight pulling parcel pups during their busy season. Thats why UPS wants us all teamsters. They need to keep the peace. Teamsters and parcel would never let non union pull their freight. Just my opinion based on what I've seen and read.
Old 10-07-2007, 06:15 PM
Senior Board Member

How does UPS Freight line haul work? I run linehaul for Wilson and love my job, dont have to pull doubles often and have a bid run in rotation. Can you go straight to line-haul with UPS? How long are you on the extra-board b4 you can get a bid??
Old 10-08-2007, 11:32 PM
Board Regular

Ok heres the update. Apparently we will be teamsters. The Indy terminal voted 107-1 in favor of the contract that was proposed. What that means for us is the card check and bang were in. Our barn is 75% on board. Bigrig from my understanding Kansas voted out the APWA not the teamsters.

From my understanding, from this point forward, our votes will be this week and then apparently we vote for shop steward. The big shots at the teamsters offices said that we can tweak our contract if we want to fit our needs compared to Indy.

So all in all I am stoked.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:40 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)